good excersises?

ShockCollar

ShockCollar

Awards
I have been working out independently since I graduated HS and played football. I do the typical bench, preacher curls, flys, standing curls, hammer curls, leg extension, power cleans, squats, calf raises, dead lifts...thats all. My workouts are vigorous yet very repetitive and boring. Any tips on how to stay focused and pumped up about my workout?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have been working out independently since I graduated HS and played football. I do the typical bench, preacher curls, flys, standing curls, hammer curls, leg extension, power cleans, squats, calf raises, dead lifts...thats all. My workouts are vigorous yet very repetitive and boring. Any tips on how to stay focused and pumped up about my workout?
Make sure that you are not following the same routine week in week out. You need to change up your training every 4-6 weeks (i.e. exercises, sets, reps, recovery period, etc.) to ensure that your body does not adapt. You don't need to make huge changes or change everything, but your training should change to reflect your goals.

Try doing different exercises as well. Vary the exercises that you DO do by changing position, angles, etc. Remember that you don't need to be 'traditional' about training.

You need to know that you are training for something and that what you are doing is going towards achieving a goal. Make one and then work your training to suit that.

And if you have been training too long without a break then I suggest that you take one. You should have at least a week off resistance training every 8-12 weeks to give your body a chance to recover.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
marine75023 Training Forum 11
yazan Training Forum 14
Ectofighter Training Forum 3
Ectofighter Training Forum 3
Training Forum 48