Right leg bigger than left

seanlambo

seanlambo

Awards
my right leg is noticebly bigger than my left, mostly in the quads, how can i begin bring my left up too speed:think:, my leg work outs are as follows
quads,calves and hip abductors- on one day
squats
hack squats
leg extensions
front squats
calf raises-sitting and standing
hip abductor machine- both ways

Hamstrings, glutes and calves-on another day
dead lifts- stiff legs focus on hams(mind to muscle)
hamstring leg curl machine
glute-ham machine kick backs
then- same calf work out as above

my leg work outs are usually spaced at least 6-8 days apart. I also don't own a car and ride my bike as my form of transportation, I ride around 10 miles a day on average, sometimes i ride super fast (trying not to be late:sad6:) and live in a hilly town, this sometimes makes my quads sore in and of it self but is a great workout and is my cardio(i would say one of the best-not mind numbing and highly enjoyable form of cardio) well anyways i was thinking doing extra leg extensions with left leg one day a week after a normal upperbody workout...Any ideas and recomendations would be much apperciated thank you....sean-the dirtyfrenchman-:swordfight:

seanlambo

seanlambo

Awards
oh man 2nd day on jack3d **** works damn rode 5 miles to gym on bike did ill quad calf and hip abductors sat in sauna for a few then rode 5 miles home riding at a brisk pace wow my legs are already sore and i'm still hype 1.5 scoops is the sweet spot yeeeeeeeeeaaaaah buddy

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
squats, machine hacks and front squats all in the same workout? hmmm... something tells me your training intensity is pretty low.

anyways, if you want to bring up a lagging leg, just do unilateral work. Split Squats, single leg squats, single leg deadlifts are all good options.

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
squats, machine hacks and front squats all in the same workout? hmmm... something tells me your training intensity is pretty low.

anyways, if you want to bring up a lagging leg, just do unilateral work. Split Squats, single leg squats, single leg deadlifts are all good options.
This, unilateral work is your friend.

seanlambo

seanlambo

Awards
ok so i should still do regular squats and stuff just do unilateral work on side? and my intensity is not weak, i assure you
edit: and should i do this unilateral work on seperate day or after normal routine?

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
I like to do bulgarian split squats after my regular squats. Just make sure that whatever you choose to do, work each leg equally(Don't do more reps or heavier weights on the right leg just because you can. Work the right and left equally, so that the left can catch up).