ab training

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
I am looking for a at home ab workout to kill the fat over my abs and love handles. I do cardio 3 times a week for about 20min running on a treadmill. I am at about 15-16%bf i think to see abs you need what about 10-12%bf

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am looking for a at home ab workout to kill the fat over my abs and love handles. I do cardio 3 times a week for about 20min running on a treadmill. I am at about 15-16%bf i think to see abs you need what about 10-12%bf
The key to losing your fat is predominantly in your DIET . You can exercise your abs all you like, but if your diet is not manipulated for it, or your energy expenditure is not enough to cover the calories you are eating you won't lose fat. Article link for fat loss: The 3 Keys to Fat Loss.

Plus, you can't spot reduce fat through exercise.

As to what body composition you are to see your abs, that will change from individual to individual, as sex, height, muscle mass, and genetics all come into play here.

As far as doing abs at home to build them up, there are plenty of things that you can do. Just select a few exercises (i.e. crunches, weighted crunches, double-leg raises, v-sits, deadbugs, etc.) and do them. Otherwise, make sure that you are doing core exercises in your resistance training sessions.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
The key to losing your fat is predominantly in your DIET . You can exercise your abs all you like, but if your diet is not manipulated for it, or your energy expenditure is not enough to cover the calories you are eating you won't lose fat. Article link for fat loss: The 3 Keys to Fat Loss.

Plus, you can't spot reduce fat through exercise.

As to what body composition you are to see your abs, that will change from individual to individual, as sex, height, muscle mass, and genetics all come into play here.

As far as doing abs at home to build them up, there are plenty of things that you can do. Just select a few exercises (i.e. crunches, weighted crunches, double-leg raises, v-sits, deadbugs, etc.) and do them. Otherwise, make sure that you are doing core exercises in your resistance training sessions.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Good advice!

Diet is everything!!!

Educate yourself on dieting and you'll realize what you're capable of. Just remember that no amount of exercising will get you the body you want if you neglect your diet.

Honestly, dieting is actually very, very easy on paper once you start to better understand the dieting principles. The hard part comes in when you have to use self-control. But you can do it!

Get to it!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
diet is everything when it comes to abs

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diet is everything!!!

Educate yourself on dieting and you'll realize what you're capable of. Just remember that no amount of exercising will get you the body you want if you neglect your diet.
diet is everything when it comes to abs
"Diet is everything" for the general person and individuals wanting to lose fat. However, trust me when I say that there ARE those of us that CAN "neglect" our diets and STILL have abs and be lean, but only because we train hard and often enough and know how to manipulate everything just so to achieve that (note though, OP, that you DO need to look at your diet first)!

~Rosie
Team APPNUT