pre WO supp 1x/week?

protempsfish

Awards
I am pressed for time and therefore do weights once/week and cardio 4x/week. I do it first thing in the morning. I used to use a carb/energy drink before my weight routine but a guy at GMC told me I'd be better off using a Pre WO supp. He told me the carbs were more important post workout to secure my insuline spike? I am going to try a NO/creatine preworkout supp but is there any real benefit of using a Pre WO supp once/week? I dont see any point taking it before a cardio workout. Thoughts? I really only need it to boost my workouts but directions say to take 2x/day. BTW I am trying a product called Horsepower.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am pressed for time and therefore do weights once/week and cardio 4x/week. I do it first thing in the morning. I used to use a carb/energy drink before my weight routine but a guy at GMC told me I'd be better off using a Pre WO supp. He told me the carbs were more important post workout to secure my insuline spike? I am going to try a NO/creatine preworkout supp but is there any real benefit of using a Pre WO supp once/week? I dont see any point taking it before a cardio workout. Thoughts? I really only need it to boost my workouts but directions say to take 2x/day. BTW I am trying a product called Horsepower.
What is your goal? Because weights are superior to cardio hands down regardless of your goal. If you go to the gym and do cardio, then you're better off going and dosing resistance training, even if it is only for 20-40 minutes!

Yes, carbohydrates are very important post-training, to aid in glycogen replenishment and recovery.

As for a preworkout product, you can definitely use them before a cardio session. I use RPM EVERY day, regardless, and usually dose it 60 min pre-cardio! You don't need to take preworkout products twice daily (unless you train twice daily).

Horse Power is a creatine ethyl ester (CEE)/NO product, which is why it recommends to use it twice daily. Definitely use a creatine product on resistance training days. And if your cardio is high intensity then it can be a benefit on those days as well.

Personally I use creatine EVERY day, regardless of whether I do resistance training or any training (but also because the creatine product/s that I use also have nutrient repartitioning effects). However, I do not recommend CEE, which Horse Power contains.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

protempsfish

Awards
hi Rosie,

Thanks for the response and the info. My goal is to trim down somewhat. My diet is ok but just wanted to shed a few pounds and was told cardio cardio cardio

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
hi Rosie,

Thanks for the response and the info. My goal is to trim down somewhat. My diet is ok but just wanted to shed a few pounds and was told cardio cardio cardio
Cardio is fine to add in if your diet is "ok". But you DO need to be doing resistance training as well, and it is actually far superior to cardio for fat loss. In fact, cardio is NOT even needed for fat loss!

I suggest that you read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss; this article tells you everything you need to know for fat loss re diet and exercise!

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Screw the cardio. Do some PHA, that way your getting the best of both worlds. Wts. and cardio.

protempsfish

Awards
Thanks Rosie. You rock. Forgive my ignorance REEVESDIESEL but what is PHA?

protempsfish

Awards
What is your goal? Because weights are superior to cardio hands down regardless of your goal. If you go to the gym and do cardio, then you're better off going and dosing resistance training, even if it is only for 20-40 minutes!

Yes, carbohydrates are very important post-training, to aid in glycogen replenishment and recovery.

As for a preworkout product, you can definitely use them before a cardio session. I use RPM EVERY day, regardless, and usually dose it 60 min pre-cardio! You don't need to take preworkout products twice daily (unless you train twice daily).

Horse Power is a creatine ethyl ester (CEE)/NO product, which is why it recommends to use it twice daily. Definitely use a creatine product on resistance training days. And if your cardio is high intensity then it can be a benefit on those days as well.

Personally I use creatine EVERY day, regardless of whether I do resistance training or any training (but also because the creatine product/s that I use also have nutrient repartitioning effects). However, I do not recommend CEE, which Horse Power contains.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Why dont you approve of CEE?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Why dont you approve of CEE?
I did not say that I do not approve of it; I said that I do not RECOMMEND it.

The reason for this is my own experience using CEE:
* It increased my creatinine levels 2-4 times above the high levels of the 'safe' range - using CM NEVER does that (and I know, because in NZ I had bloods done weekly);
* It decreased my eGFR to well below the lowest recommended 'safe' range (i.e. it was barely a quarter of the LOWEST 'safe' number!) - something that using CM never did.

Note that just because these values changed drastically that something was wrong with my body re renal and kidney function, like kidney failure (as such results would usually indicate), but I did not like the inside results occurring, so stopped it.

Once I stopped using the CEE product that I was using my bloods returned to normal.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT