Push-ups 30m, 60s breaks

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Gym is closed and no where to workout! I decided to do 30 minutes of push-ups, each set to failure w/ 60s breaks. Anyone ever tried this? Holy **** the pump is insane but it gets more painful every set!

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
no offense bro this seems dumb like ur gonna be sore for awhile the next couple days when ur scheduled to lift.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
no offense bro this seems dumb like ur gonna be sore for awhile the next couple days when ur scheduled to lift.
Actually, I'm not a bit sore. I thought I may of been a bit sore but my recovery has always been good. No soreness here. Let's not forget everyone has different recovery times.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
hmm thats really good man, were u able to lift using weights the day after? no affects?

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
hmm thats really good man, were u able to lift using weights the day after? no affects?
The day after I worked out legs. I had no problems working out of course because it was the lower half of my body.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gym is closed and no where to workout! I decided to do 30 minutes of push-ups, each set to failure w/ 60s breaks. Anyone ever tried this? Holy **** the pump is insane but it gets more painful every set!
I did something similar when I started back after breaking my wrist for my Chest sessions until I could lift a BB/DB without being in complete agony. I didn't do 30 minutes, though, but just did as many reps as I could per set, with a minute's rest between sets, until I could only do 1-3 reps on the last set. I kept progressing with the way I did my push-ups as well, moving from doing them on my fists (on the ground, feet on ground) to doing them like I had been pre-injury with my hands on swissballs (feet on bench), as when I first started I had to do them on my fists because doing them on my palms was not going to happen for my wrist.

Unless you have a reason to be training like this (i.e. as I did, or because it is related to your body or performance achievement) though there is no need to.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

MacTech

MacTech

Awards
  • Established
30 years ago, hearing about the infamous Jack LaLanne doing a record of 1033 in 23 minutes, I attempted his feat, but it took me one hour and ten minutes. I did sets of 25, rested and then another 25. I can remember being sore for a week.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
30 years ago, hearing about the infamous Jack LaLanne doing a record of 1033 in 23 minutes, I attempted his feat, but it took me one hour and ten minutes. I did sets of 25, rested and then another 25. I can remember being sore for a week.
As always good to challenge our selves and confuse our bodies. A lot of us also forgot how well push ups can shape your chest.

1033 push ups in 23 minutes is pretty damn good!