Is it bad to take a warm shower an hour after you workout?
- 09-04-2009, 04:17 PM
- 09-04-2009, 04:20 PM
No. There are studies using saunas after workout, as a relaxation technique and to keep blood flow to extremities flowing.Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
09-04-2009, 04:25 PM
09-04-2009, 04:30 PM
The best is to do a contrast shower after workouts. So wash yourself in warm water, then go up to as hot as you can handle it and down to as cold as you can handle it. This will flush blood to the surface and into muscles and will help recovery greatly. I do just cold water because I dont like hot, and I can feel a difference already when I get out of the shower.
09-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Your body is already at an elevated temperature, if you can feel that the water is warmer, you overheating yourself. Cool showers are better post wo.
09-04-2009, 04:45 PM
hot showers are a vaso-dilator and cold are a vaso-restrictor (i think i have some spelling issues there). like already mentioned, hot showers will promote blood flow and cold will promote anti-inflammation. it is suggested that if you are injured or sore (normally associated with lower back pain) to do both in intervals. hot then cold and so on. but like dsade said in so many words, why are people getting in the sauna after a WO? to promote blood flow.
09-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By thedawg3545 in forum Training ForumReplies: 13Last Post: 04-28-2009, 06:24 PM
- By MTV in forum BulkingReplies: 5Last Post: 04-10-2009, 08:39 PM
- By ReaperX in forum General ChatReplies: 10Last Post: 08-03-2007, 08:58 PM
- By Beelzebub in forum General ChatReplies: 28Last Post: 12-14-2005, 12:02 PM
- By JohnGafnea in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 03-13-2003, 08:46 PM