TRAPS?

at1010

Awards
  • Established
hey guys....anyone have any killer trap exercises i normally superset barbell shrugs with dbs shrugs...anyother good ones

RepThat20

RepThat20

Banned
Awards
upright rows is my fav for traps and has worked well for me

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Go heavy on barbell, i was hitting tapering up with 5 sets of 8-10 reps starting at 225 and ending at 595. doing this twice a week yeilded great results for myself. Everyones different but the universal similarity ive always seen with delts is that those who lift like madmen get the best size...

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Get a neck harness and do neck raises, your traps will grow more after a month than they have in years.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Get a neck harness and do neck raises, your traps will grow more after a month than they have in years.

Should this exercise be done sitting or standing? And, say the wt. is in front of you, do you use a full ROM, all the way forward & then all the way back. Or do you stop where your head is facing straight ahead?

Same goes for if the wt. is behind you. Tks.

Also, do all neck harneses move once they're on your head performing the exercise? Mine...from BFS moves like crazy on my head, rubbing against my ears, my nose. **** is terrible. Is mine crap or are they all like that?

Thanks.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Should this exercise be done sitting or standing? And, say the wt. is in front of you, do you use a full ROM, all the way forward & then all the way back. Or do you stop where your head is facing straight ahead?

Same goes for if the wt. is behind you. Tks.

Also, do all neck harneses move once they're on your head performing the exercise? Mine...from BFS moves like crazy on my head, rubbing against my ears, my nose. **** is terrible. Is mine crap or are they all like that?

Thanks.
I got mine from APT, it has a little chin strap so it doesn't move around to much. The only problem is the strap on my left side slides a bit which messes with my ear but its bearable.
I do the exercise two different ways, if Im feeling good I will take a dumbbell and sit on a bench. From there I will put the dumbbell in the harness so the wt.s in front and then go full ROM up and down, aka look at my balls look at the ceiling. I usually stop the weight at the bottom with my hands though, kind of like a box squat. The other way is just using a cable machine hooked up to the neck harness with a shorter range of motion, going both ways.

AABigRick

Awards
  • Established
Front bbell shrugs ss with behind back upright rows. you can only go up about half way with behind back upright rows, but they will get ya for sure.

xpin2winx

Awards
ever since i lifted when i was 8 and now im 17, my favorite exercise was upright rows. The one muscle that i have bigger than anyone in my school without a doubt are my traps. I just started to do shrugs a couple months ago but upright rows made my traps the monsters they are today. They are 4 inches tall, almost the length of my neck when i flex them. So i would do close grip barbell upright rows and shrugs and they shoud get somewhat big

OutWorkU

Awards
deadlifts, shrugs upright rows are pretty much staples. Lately, I've been doing front BB shrugs w/ nice results. Also, try some wrestling style "neck bridges".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rocket3015 Training Forum 66
Rocket3015 Training Forum 42
Rocket3015 Training Forum 27
Training Forum 12
Training Forum 3