Muscle Distribution

Will of Steel

Awards
I recently created a set workout plan for one week and wrote down all the general muscle groups i would work in that week to see if i am training anything too much or too little. i put a check mark next to something if the exercise worked the muscle even a little so thats why some like delts and forearms have so many. these are my totals:

Deltoids(front and back delts) -18
Forearms-18
Abs (core)-18
Lats-15
Traps-13
Triceps-11
Pecs-7
Biceps-7
Lower back-5
Thighs-4
Glutes-3
Calves-2

Basically is there anything i am undertraining or overtraining? i know its kind of silly to put in forearms because you work them anytime you use your hands. also i don't do 18 ab exercises obviously i just put a check mark everytime my core was involved for some sort of stabilization or core movement. i would appreciate any feedback.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
i see lower back and traps but where is your upper back such as the rhomboids, teres minor and major ect. the muscles that go on each side of your traps. as well as your erector muscles??

secondly, i wouldnt make a workout like this. id only count a muscle being worked when it gets primarily hit. such as lat pulldowns: traps: 1. dont count shoulders or core on this. it doesnt hit em directly enough. chest press: Pectoralis major: 1. just count the primaries.

3rdly. how the hell are you training your lats 15 times in a week??

Will of Steel

Awards
i see lower back and traps but where is your upper back such as the rhomboids, teres minor and major ect. the muscles that go on each side of your traps. as well as your erector muscles??

secondly, i wouldnt make a workout like this. id only count a muscle being worked when it gets primarily hit. such as lat pulldowns: traps: 1. dont count shoulders or core on this. it doesnt hit em directly enough. chest press: Pectoralis major: 1. just count the primaries.

3rdly. how the hell are you training your lats 15 times in a week??
yeah i just figured that exercises that worked my traps would work my rhomboids and such as well. i kind of said traps but i meant upper back in general oops.

i agree i shouldn't count shoulders or core. but u say i should count the primarys like bench press= chest but it also works triceps a lot too you know what i mean? so i was trying to get a broader picture of what i was doing by looking at these random secondarly effected muscle groups. ex: deadlift is def lower back quads and glutes but it also works your calves a little and you forearms a little and you upper back a little etc.

on your 3rd point i think im working my lats a lot from doing kettle bell training plus when i complete some exercises you would think were unrelated to lats i feel a lot of soreness there. idk