not getting muscle sorness - AnabolicMinds.com

not getting muscle sorness

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

not getting muscle sorness

So iv been working out for about three months now and the past month my body doesn't get sore any more im lifting more weight so i know im doing it right but why don't i get soreness its not like i want it or anything hahaha I do take jack3d tho could that be why

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

change what exercises you are doing, which is something everyone should do on a regular basis. if you want you can lay out your current plan, and i'll help you pick alternate exercises
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

this is my routine for tomorrow

reg bench 145 3x7
    tricep(machine) 125 3x6
    bicep curl(machine) 140 3x6
    ab(machine) 155 3x15
    decline situp 3x15
    lat pulldown 100 3x6
    seted row(bottom grip) 125 3x6

3 games of racket ball afterward
    •   

4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

so i'd substitute in incline presses, seated triceps extensions with ez bar, db curls, leave abs + situps, either change to wide grip or narrow grip on pulldowns (depending on what you were doing) and do db rows instead
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

thanks im going to give this a try and see if it works thanks
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

so i tired that workout and still nothing what could be going on
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

if you're still gaining strength/reps, it doesn't matter honestly. my doms is rather weak - vague soreness, but nothing crippling like it used to be. you could sub your barbell movements for dumbell, etc if you just want to feel doms again. so long as you're progressing weekly, i think doms is overrated.
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

or drop weights a little and switch to higher rep range.
    This space for rent

9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.

add in additonal exercises for each muscle group. Switch to free weights instead of machines.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  157 lbs.

the reason i think your not getting sore is that ur not doing enough exercises per body part. If anything jack3d will get you more sore because it helps you push and work harder. Try splitting up chest/shoulders/tris in one work out and back/bis/forearms and then a seperate day for legs thats what i do. And do about 3 to 4 exercises for each muscle group. Since when you work out chest you also workout shoulders and tris, you triceps and shoulders will be blasted when you finish and samething with back and bis. My muscles stay sore for about 3 days. I also recommend you get a workout partner to help you push out a couple more reps.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by xpin2winx View Post
    the reason i think your not getting sore is that ur not doing enough exercises per body part. If anything jack3d will get you more sore because it helps you push and work harder. Try splitting up chest/shoulders/tris in one work out and back/bis/forearms and then a seperate day for legs thats what i do. And do about 3 to 4 exercises for each muscle group. Since when you work out chest you also workout shoulders and tris, you triceps and shoulders will be blasted when you finish and samething with back and bis. My muscles stay sore for about 3 days. I also recommend you get a workout partner to help you push out a couple more reps.
    i tried that before and it didnt work and i do push it so far that i feel pain sometimes so i know im pushing it can it be that my body got use to all the amino acids
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

DOMS does not = muscle growth. Are you making gains? If yes, then be thankful you're not sore.
    RTR.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

i do see the gains so i guess im just lucky
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

I need to overtrain to get even a hint of soreness and only chest can get any soreness.
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by xpin2winx View Post
    If you stay sore that long at your body weight then you are over training or under eating OR your hormonal/genetic state can't handle that load.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I don't see how people train without having at least some DOMS. I have trouble getting biceps sore, but everything else always gets sore after a good training session. The things I've noticed that lessen the DOMS is lack of a M-M connection, inadequate eccentric contraction, and, obviously, bad form.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I don't see how people train without having at least some DOMS. I have trouble getting biceps sore, but everything else always gets sore after a good training session. The things I've noticed that lessen the DOMS is lack of a M-M connection, inadequate eccentric contraction, and, obviously, bad form.
    Or years and years of training...

Ill be honest, I have some SLIGHT tightness for the first time in a long time from doing WAY more volume than normal. I am a hit it and quit it type guy - swing the hammer - move the nail - stop swinging the hammer. Less soreness, more frequency
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    Or years and years of training...
    I have the better part of a decade under my belt and I still get DOMS. IMO, there's no fun in training without pushing every set to the utmost intensity.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  19. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I have the better part of a decade under my belt and I still get DOMS. IMO, there's no fun in training without pushing every set to the utmost intensity.
    I am now sore 7 days a week doing DC. Its amazing, and painful
    This space for rent

20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I am now sore 7 days a week doing DC. Its amazing, and painful
    That's what I live for. For example, after chest and biceps, I can't wash my hair without my brachialis cramping up.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  21. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

After doing leg press calves then legs, I just sit in the leg press machine a good 10 minutes because I just can't get up. tomorrow will be chest/shoulders/tris/back again, and front delts and pecs are still slightly sore, particularly to the touch today
    This space for rent

22. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

icrease ur intensity!! switch things up
  23. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

I agree... but still dont get sore. Can't imagine getting sore actually.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

increase your reps for a few weeks, and do some german high intensity training, THAT shiat will make you seriously sore!

i also rarely get sore much anymore unless i switch up my workout something serious or do something new.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

If building bigger, stronger muscles is the objective, it looks as if extreme DOMS is mostly beside the point.

http://www.ampedtraining.com/article...scle-soreness/

"From the looks of things, DOMS and actual muscle growth don’t have much to do with each other."

"All of this would strongly indicate that connective tissues are the source of the actual pain and soreness, not the muscle fibers themselves. The damaging effects of exercise on actual muscle fibers don’t correlate with pain. This is of interest because it means that inflammation and pain don’t indicate damaged muscle fibers per se. There’s tissue damage, and muscle fibers can be damaged along with that, but there’s no actual relation between muscle fiber damage and the pain you feel."
    RTR.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Look, I get what you're saying, some soreness can be an indicator of an effective workout. However, pointing out what lessens DOMS is as valid as pointing out what worsens it... like marathon sessions and blatant overtraining. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sensing a subtle tone of "If you don't get sore as hell, then you don't have proper mind-muscle connection and you're working out wrong." That counter-argument might be "If you get that sore, you're a pu$$y." I feel both arguments are illogical. If one is training for pure hypertrophy, the science suggests that DOMS is not an effective gauge to use. Also, just like everything else in humans, it seems some are far more susceptible to experiencing DOMS than others.
    RTR.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Look, I get what you're saying, some soreness can be an indicator of an effective workout. However, pointing out what lessens DOMS is as valid as pointing out what worsens it... like marathon sessions and blatant overtraining. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sensing a subtle tone of "If you don't get sore as hell, then you don't have proper mind-muscle connection and you're working out wrong." That counter-argument might be "If you get that sore, you're a pu$$y." I feel both arguments are illogical. If one is training for pure hypertrophy, the science suggests that DOMS is not an effective gauge to use. Also, just like everything else in humans, it seems some are far more susceptible to experiencing DOMS than others.
    For every study/meta-analysis that proves one thing, there is another that refutes it. DOMS is an effective gauge for overload, but not necessarily for hypertrophy. I'm not saying that a session is only productive if one has crippling DOMS, but DOMS has a very significant role in the evaluation of the efficacy of your training.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  28. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

For every study/meta-analysis that proves one thing, there is another that refutes it. DOMS is an effective gauge for overload, but not necessarily for hypertrophy. I'm not saying that a session is only productive if one has crippling DOMS, but DOMS has a very significant role in the evaluation of the efficacy of your training.
    So all my training during my 16 week transformation was ineffective... wow good to know
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

So all my training during my 16 week transformation was ineffective... wow good to know
    How you concluded that is beyond me. I never said training is ineffective unless DOMS is achieved and now you're just being facetious.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.

throw in some drop sets, super sets, forced reps, 21's, to up the intensity!
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

If building bigger, stronger muscles is the objective, it looks as if extreme DOMS is mostly beside the point.

http://www.ampedtraining.com/article...scle-soreness/

"From the looks of things, DOMS and actual muscle growth donít have much to do with each other."

"All of this would strongly indicate that connective tissues are the source of the actual pain and soreness, not the muscle fibers themselves. The damaging effects of exercise on actual muscle fibers donít correlate with pain. This is of interest because it means that inflammation and pain donít indicate damaged muscle fibers per se. Thereís tissue damage, and muscle fibers can be damaged along with that, but thereís no actual relation between muscle fiber damage and the pain you feel."
    The scientific consensus regarding the issue of DOMS, has about as much accord as global warming amongst climatologists.
    NSCA - CSCS
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    The scientific consensus regarding the issue of DOMS, has about as much accord as global warming amongst climatologists.
    That may be true, but I'm just pointing out that people can/do gain muscle with experiencing a great deal of DOMS. That cannot be refuted.

DOMS is an effective gauge for overload, but not necessarily for hypertrophy.
    Okay, I have a better understanding of what you're saying now.
    RTR.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

That may be true, but I'm just pointing out that people can/do gain muscle with experiencing a great deal of DOMS. That cannot be refuted.
    I wasn't arguing against your points, I was just pointing out the scientific ambiguity of this subject in general (in response to the posted research).

I don't believe there is a 1:1 ratio of DOMS and hypertrophy at all, I believe DOMS serves a purpose, but I don't know enough about the "function" of DOMS in order to say yay or nay. I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with the debate topic, just pointing out the less then black & white scope in which research puts out in regards to the issue of DOMS.

NSCA - CSCS
  34. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

I still think most doms is caused by lactic acid OR novel muscle trauma (ie higher weight than ever before or completely unique angle/movement). These can be of varying levels of usefulness but I know personally I have a very very very hard time getting any body part sore that I train regularly.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I still think most doms is caused by lactic acid OR novel muscle trauma (ie higher weight than ever before or completely unique angle/movement). These can be of varying levels of usefulness but I know personally I have a very very very hard time getting any body part sore that I train regularly.
    Believe it or not, it's not from lactic acid. I'd always believed that myself.
    RTR.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I wasn't arguing against your points, I was just pointing out the scientific ambiguity of this subject in general (in response to the posted research).

I don't believe there is a 1:1 ratio of DOMS and hypertrophy at all, I believe DOMS serves a purpose, but I don't know enough about the "function" of DOMS in order to say yay or nay. I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with the debate topic, just pointing out the less then black & white scope in which research puts out in regards to the issue of DOMS.

You sure you're a bodybuilder? Because that post made entirely too much sense to me.
    RTR.
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Believe it or not, it's not from lactic acid. I'd always believed that myself.
    True. LA dissipates within the muscle within moments. LA eventually inhibits muscle contractions, which is general "failure" in a BBing POV.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

My two cents...simple solution: train harder

Increase your weight
    Increase your reps
    Decrease your rest
    Hit more supersets at the end to burn out
    Focus on one body part and blast the f*ck out of it

You can do one...two.. or all of the above

If you want drop the racket all and train to thorough muscular failure.
  39. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    My two cents...simple solution: train harder

Increase your weight
    Increase your reps
    Decrease your rest
    Hit more supersets at the end to burn out
    Focus on one body part and blast the f*ck out of it

You can do one...two.. or all of the above

If you want drop the racket all and train to thorough muscular failure.
    Ok that still doesn't make me sore... being sore just does not happen for some people... period. I might get slight tightness, I guess a wimp would call it sore, but its not pain.
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

soreness is caused by the millions of micro tears caused by either sacroplasmic or myofibrillar hypertrophy

Sacroplasmic is caused by bodybuilding type routines

Myofibrillar is caused by powerlifting/ olympic lifting type routines

So my conclusion based on these facts is that your are not causing enough hypertrophy. Now i dont know how you lift, what your routine looks like, and so on but the fact you say you dont get sore is suggestive of either

A) you have amazing recuperative abilities that i envy
    B) you arent causing enough hypertrophy to cause soreness

But if you are increasing in strength, stamina, and size and you never get sore then who am i to say train harder? You are probably far more experienced and seasoned then myself.

But in general, when i encounter an individual in my daily encounters who say they dont get sore, when i lift with them i see THEY dont push themselves. But i cant speak for anyone but them, one day of training at my pace and they magically feel sore.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 12:03 AM
  2. muscle sorness and adaption
    By gidemon in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 09:49 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 07:46 PM
  4. increased sorness
    By jsp0785 in forum Anabolics