3 major lifts vs. isolation moves

loki515

Awards
let's say you were on (a.s.s.) talk about a funny typo i meant aas haha or ph which would be the better mass builder? I'm sure this is a matter of opinion but I am curious to see what people think. Especially if you were a hard gainer, which would be better?
didn't specify but i meant squats,deallifts and snatch and cleans

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I think if you are asking this question you should not be taking steroids.

loki515

Awards
I think if you are asking this question you should not be taking steroids.
I guess i can see why you would have that opinion and due to the amount of people who don't have much knowledge or experience here you would say that, BUT I currently do a lot of isolation movements such as bench one day with triceps, back and bi's noraml rotuines for some and some are big fans of the major 3. I personally think it is a personal preference.

I know some friends in the gym who NEVER do "the 3" and are 225 and ripped, never do flat bench and only use dumbbells.

I used to work out at a power lifting gym only about 15yrs ago and of course they only believed in "the 3"

And lastly for you to blast me without knowing anything about what I have done, workout experinces, life etc. pretty lame, not trying to pick a fight but that happens a lot in these forums and it's kinda rediculous. Just saying. lol

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I guess i can see why you would have that opinion and due to the amount of people who don't have much knowledge or experience here you would say that, BUT I currently do a lot of isolation movements such as bench one day with triceps, back and bi's noraml rotuines for some and some are big fans of the major 3. I personally think it is a personal preference.

I know some friends in the gym who NEVER do "the 3" and are 225 and ripped, never do flat bench and only use dumbbells.

I used to work out at a power lifting gym only about 15yrs ago and of course they only believed in "the 3"

And lastly for you to blast me without knowing anything about what I have done, workout experinces, life etc. pretty lame, not trying to pick a fight but that happens a lot in these forums and it's kinda rediculous. Just saying. lol
I am going to stick to my original comment.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do people ask advice and then argue/refute what people suggest?

b18cyaaa

b18cyaaa

Awards
take your time and you can get their naturally. What supps do you take now?

loki515

Awards
I am going to stick to my original comment.
and rightfully so, free country so it's your opinion

Rodja Why do people ask advice and then argue/refute what people suggest?

don't believe i was refuting/arguing a point, more or less debating a point. But as I said but of course he and everyone is/are entitled to his/her opinion.

loki515

Awards
take your time and you can get their naturally. What supps do you take now?
bcaa's 3 pills a day
casien protein x 2 a day
whey protien x 2 a day
vit. e 3 a day
fish oil 3 x 2 times daily
gultamine 3 x 2 times daily
creatine 2 sometimes 3 scoops a day depends on what body part

I have been lifting about 15yrs off and on, currently in good shape and lifting pretty hard and very intense for about 2 yrs straight with only breaks for work. I'm on a lil more then maintenance diet with about 3500-4000cals a day (making my bf% go up a bit) but I think that is due to using whole milk with the protein shakes. i work 2 24hrs shifts a week. lift on my days off.

b18cyaaa

b18cyaaa

Awards
you seem to have a good supplement profile. How old are you? The older the more benefit you will get from a Test Booster or PH.

loki515

Awards
i am 39 , i don't have my BW in my hand but believe when tested a few months ago test was around 500, dr. said somewhere around normal for my age

b18cyaaa

b18cyaaa

Awards
Sounds like you could benefit from a test booster or PH. I would repost your question in the anabolics or prohormone forum you will get an educated response.

loki515

Awards
thanks sir for your help, I have posted a few in there and maybe I did post in the wrong section.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Since your "on" cycle, I would stick to eating a lot and focusing on "compound" movements.

Work in the medium rep range of 6-10.

Make sure you have a solid support stack of supplements.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
start out with compounds like bench for chest day, deads for back, and squats for legs. Then after those do your isolations for tris and bis and calves and such.

If your lacking somewhere and you feel isolations will bring them up to snuff, then have at it.

Just do your compounds first.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
If your lacking somewhere and you feel isolations will bring them up to snuff, then have at it.
Yup. For example, I start my shoulder workout with side delt lifts, then rear delt lifts, then finally overhead presses. Reason being is my front delts are a bit more massive than the side/rear delts, probably from all the work the front delts get when pressing, etc. So, I train front delts last in my workout.

loki515

Awards
start out with compounds like bench for chest day, deads for back, and squats for legs. Then after those do your isolations for tris and bis and calves and such.

Just do your compounds first.
Sounds like a good way to work the compound moves and add in the isolation moves I seem to be so addicted to. lol