Once or twice a week?

xpin2winx

Awards
What are the advantages of working each muscle group once a week and why its better than doing it twice a week. Also please state your week split

What are the advantages of working each muscle group twice and why its better than doing it once a week. Also please state your week split

I currently do each body part twice a week because my muscles do not stay sore for a week. They stay sore for about 2 days min and 4 days maximum

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I used to do each body part twice a week but now because im doing P90X i dont If your going hard enough intensity your muslces wont nesecarily be fully recovered to do twice in a week, It all depends on your workouts and there intensity. But if your recovery is fine and your eating fine and your seeing results from twice a week, dont change it if it aint broken. You could always do a test run of once a week for about a month and see your results then go from there.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on your personal recovery time. I train each muscle group at least twice a week. If I'm sore, it usually lasts a max of 36 hours. I'm usually alright with 2 days of rest per muscle group (except legs). Just watch how you feel. If you aren't gaining, rest a bit more (assuming your diet is alright).

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on your personal recovery time. I train each muscle group at least twice a week. If I'm sore, it usually lasts a max of 36 hours. I'm usually alright with 2 days of rest per muscle group (except legs). Just watch how you feel. If you aren't gaining, rest a bit more (assuming your diet is alright).
As he said for the most part i never really follow a certain split i mean In theory i do because i workout in a certain order may it be chest monday back tuesday legs wednesday arms thrusday (its not that just saying) but if i feel I Can lift that day i do if im still sore i wont If i did chest monday and im not sore thursday whats to say you cant do it again i mean if your body is 100% ready for the workout its fine right? In my mind it is until someone proves scientifically it isnt. Everyones body is different and for the most part you have to talor a workout regimine designed just for you.