Eating on Doggcrap

1. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.18%

Eating on Doggcrap

I found out that I should be taking in about 412g of protien while lifting like this..My question is about how many calories should I take in.

From what I read in the example it said somwhere around 7000 does this sound right to you guys.

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.04%

No one knows for sure

Start lower based on your experience so far and adjust as needed.

Do your cardio too.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%

WTF?!?!? How on earth can there be a set number of calories for any training program? you should know your own body well enough to decide your calorie intake...DC style eating is to eat big and do cardio on off days to increase the base metabolic rate in order to keep you relativly lean...Where did you get 7 thousand cals from? the protein requirement you have posted is correct presuming your enhanced? but that value is still very loose...please figure out your own diet....no one else can tell you how to eat...

edit: @ machinehead: know one knows for sure because there is no "Amount of calories for DC" surely you guys can figure out that someone at 150lbs and unable to gain weight will need a different diet to someone at 250lbs needing to lose 100lbs of fat?

edit2: what example did you read?

edit3: read Full DoggCrapp Training Routine this is all explained by myself and dante himself on the last few pages...
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

lol eat when ur hungry 40-50 g protien per meal. try to hit at least ur bodyweight in grams of protien.
  5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I can't do cardio on my off days or I don't recover well enough. sucks getting old
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I can't do cardio on my off days or I don't recover well enough. sucks getting old
    LOL unlucky mate- I dont do cardio on my off days because 5.5k cals and 4-500 grams carbs dont show any sign of making me fat :P
  7. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

i'll say though what I did so far is a 3 full 12 day rotations of the 3 workout sets A+B, so 36 days, then take 12 days off and do cardio all 12 of those days and eat lower calories, then start again. Seemed to work pretty well, i'm WAY leaner than when I started DC just 2-3 months ago
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.32%

get a small spiral notebook an write down each meal that you eat and its protein content. dont count calories. if youre making gains of about 1 lb naturally a week than youre on the right track. if youre not. increase protein intake, therefore increasing calories and see that next week if youre making gains.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.18%

Hey I did the spiral notebook thing thats gonna help..

But you know what sucks for me is the warm up..I dont have much time about an hour and a half at the most in the am. I feel like im rushing myself to get through the warming phase and then set up for the main workout.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me because I really want to do this DC training right.

Thanks...
  10. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

if you can't enter the doors of the gym and be done working out 45 min later, you are doing something wrong.. Have you watched the videos? how about laying out what you do?
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%

I have to agree with easy on this one bro I generally finish most workouts in under an hour and I like to do 4-5 sets warm up...

edit: Im really not meaning to be harsh hear but if you dont know how to warm up why are you doing DC? Switch to 5X5 that lays out how to warm up for you...you really should know your body well enough to understand how many calories you need, how to warm up etc etc before starting such an advanced program...
  12. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

other than MAYBE leg press / squats, I at most do 2 warmup sets per exercise, one around 50-60% of expected working weight for 10 reps, followed immediately by another at 75-85% of working weight for 5-6 reps, then go working weight. leg press and squats i'm at relatively high weights, so sometimes i'll do 3 warmups
  13. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

and sometimes for the 2nd back exercise, or for shoulders (since its after incline chest) i'll skip warmups entirely. And forearms after bis? no warmup there either
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%

Normally on leg day I do 5 mins on the cross trainer to get blood mostly pumping to the legs then work up from 50 to 150kg on the smaller leg press my gym has then generally do like 190/200kg on the large leg press before moving to real sets....Honestly I think that I do go a bit overkill on warmups but between knee and elbow tendon issues I like to really get the blood flowing and loosen the tendons up...

edit: I personally like to do a huge number of warm ups for my arms before biceps or forearms due to the bicep tendon issues I have been having...thankfully AN's osteo-sport has been a god send for these....
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.32%

Random, he does know how to warm-up he just doesnt have the time to do well rounded warm up sets. being a trainer, if you have no time to warm up its best to hit the treadmill for 5 minutes before lifting. get the blood flowing and get the muscles moving. even with that said tho, this is still a dangerous workout to be doing without thorough warm up. i do three warm up sets per exercise. 1x12, 1x8-10, 1x5-6. than I hit my working set.
  16. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.18%

Ok thanks guys..I do have my diet in check now.

I guess I was just having a bad couple of days seemed to be alot of people in the gym and I really couldn't get into the flow of things. I guess it be's like that somtime.

No worries tommorow will be a better day.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions guys!!
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%

i read on muscle mag about this. You first gotta calculate your BMR, and then multiply that by 1.75, or 1.9 and that should tell you how many calories you should intake to stay at your weight. To gain weight you should eat more calories and to lose weight you should subtract about 500 calories.
    7000 calories is a crazy amount. Jay cutler ingests about 8000 off season but thats just him

you can find the website to calculate your BMR on google due to genetics this is just a basic guess. This isnt an exact guidline but an overall good resource
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.13%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I do 4-5 warm up sets for my exercises typically. Remember they are warm up, so do a set, change weight , do a set, change weight, etc. It shouldn't take more than about 10-15 minutes max for each exercise, including warm-ups. You don't really need much "recovery time" between warm up sets.
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.04%

Enough generalizations, ok? He should take as much time as needed. We don't all have the same circumstances we need to work around. The warm up sets sometimes are needed to get rest so that those deadlifts at the end don't suck.

Edit: here is a formula for calculating BMR:

http://www.angelfire.com/de3/derekam...ictFormula.htm
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.32%

Quote Originally Posted by xpin2winx View Post
    i read on muscle mag about this. You first gotta calculate your BMR, and then multiply that by 1.75, or 1.9 and that should tell you how many calories you should intake to stay at your weight. To gain weight you should eat more calories and to lose weight you should subtract about 500 calories.
    7000 calories is a crazy amount. Jay cutler ingests about 8000 off season but thats just him

you can find the website to calculate your BMR on google due to genetics this is just a basic guess. This isnt an exact guidline but an overall good resource
    thats so general. that will give you a starting line for calories but you have to take in so many more factors to know what you really need.

Similar Forum Threads

1. eating what ever you want?
    By lemon in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 10:00 PM
  2. Eating once a day???
    By bigdognhb in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 11:37 PM
  3. Doggcrap question
    By msucurt in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15