How to increase squat weight and get bigger chest

NFLforNBA

NFLforNBA

Awards
I want to know how I can raise my squat and what is the best way to do it. I also want to know if dips are better than bench press because it hurts the front of my shoulder. Oh and also is the bench press a good movement or is just stupid and causes injury. Thanks

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I want to know how I can raise my squat and what is the best way to do it. I also want to know if dips are better than bench press because it hurts the front of my shoulder. Oh and also is the bench press a good movement or is just stupid and causes injury. Thanks
In my experience, wall sits and high rep squats increase leg strength and then in return increase squatting capability. AS for chest, dips are great but I think one will benefit more from using BOTH.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
In my experience, wall sits and high rep squats increase leg strength and then in return increase squatting capability. AS for chest, dips are great but I think one will benefit more from using BOTH.
How many reps do you consider high reps?

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
A mixture of back squats & breathing back squats. I'd personally go with dips, legs crossed behind you so you get that forward lean. Or you can go more Gironda style, legs out in front of you, chin on chest, go wide but not too wide! And if your delts can handle it go with nice presses, rep range 12-20, make sure your warmed up well.

With the squats I'd lean also towards the higher reps. NOTE: Work the **** out of you back, a bigger, stronger back will help you in building up your chest.

The breathing squat will build up your chest like nothing else. It's hard, but the harder the better results.

CORRECTION, hahaha, yah, try out the NICE presses. Meant to type....NECK presses. I really like this execise, but being a tennis pro and performing this exercise is not happening right now for me! Work your cuffs!

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
The breathing squat will build up your chest like nothing else. It's hard, but the harder the better results.
i think i'm about to learn something here.......what is a breathing squat?

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
i think i'm about to learn something here.......what is a breathing squat?
REally, dude! I'm sure you know of it. Take a heavy wt, they say your max for 10 reps...or something close to it. Reps 1-10 you take 2-3 big, very deep, lung filling breaths, your goal is 20 reps. OR, week after week of this & you burn out, SO, you can do 15 reps, one week, the next aim for 20, the next week go for 25 or more. I wouldn't go above 30 though. THOUGH! I've yet to try it, the great, late Steve Reeves would use his bodwt. and worked up to in time to 100 reps. My dad has been doing this for yrs. and says it's AMAZING! One day I'll give it a whirl.

OK, reps after 10 you HAVE to take anywhere from 5 to 8 or even more deep lung filling breaths! **** is awesome!!!! There's some great articles on this, try looking them up. This is kinda like a secret, YET, everyone, or most of us know about it already, but it's so freakin' hard no one likes to do it. But if you vary your reps. you can reap some big gains from this!!

I'll go 3-4 weeks attacking the 20 rep. mark, get tired of that and shoot for 15, get bored of that and go for 25. Deep breathing is KING! Deep breathing with heavy wt. on your back is THE **** KING! :18:

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting information. The Gironda style dips and high rep squats sound awesome. Going to work that in this week.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Hey, try getting, stealing, borrowing, or a buy the book titled "Super Squats". This book changes lives.