Need some workout ideas.

jon21

Awards
I've been lifitn on and off for about a year now in the gym not really sticking to any sort of workout just been doing several excercises to a muscle group until exhausted. So I was wondering if anybody could give me a 5 day excercise program to get me sore and pumped up.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
if i told you that you could work out 3x per week and have better results than 5 days, would you be interested, or are you dead set on 5x per week? i firmly believe that ecto's do better on 3x per week until they build a foundation they can actually put muscle on. 5x per week will be better for you a year from now than the results you'd get from it today.

jon21

Awards
Yeah anything you could help out with will be greatly appreciated and I'll give it a shot.

jon21

Awards
Ahh so lets say I do squats and deadlifts same day(since they are both leg oriented excercies, and do others with them), then do bench with chest day. The 3rd day I wouldnt know what to do. Thats my only problem is getting the right muscle groups together for workout days. I also do abs everday with lower back. So if ya could help me out with putting the right muscle groups together it would be great.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
well, the link is for a total body routine - 6 exercises done monday wednesday and friday, each day with a slightly different rep scheme. when you max out on a certain exercise (can't progress), you sub out that exercise for a similar one, which is also listed in that link.

shortstop1616

Awards
You need to change it up to prevent a plateau. I found vastmuscle and it worked for me... they are always changing up their workouts. Im a big fan.