Help on leg day, Please.

Muscledad

Awards
Hello AM,

I have just started lifted again after 6 months off and can't seem to keep legs into my workout due to the fact that I get extremely nauseous. I have always been very strong in my legs. i.e. I have never done them regularly but I can squat 300lbs one time if I don't mind the vomitting afterwards.

I would really like to get a regular routine of working my legs so I can keep my body proportional.

I do take vitamins, BCAAs, NO-explode, creatine, flaxseed oils, and whey for suppliments.

Can anyone suggest something to prevent the sick feeling I get from working my legs?

Thanks.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
hmm thats weird. i mean when i get really winded i feel a little sick too but squating one time you vomit? Do you eat pre-workout? If so, what are you eating? What is your diet like?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How close is you last meal to when you start training? Nausea is very common on leg day because so much of the blood gets channeled from your organs to your legs. The best way to cure this is to have a longer period between eating and training and to just continue to train them. Eventually your body will acclimate to the stress placed upon the GI.

Muscledad

Awards
I usually eat approx 2 hours prior to workout. NO-explode is to be taken on an empty stomach.

My diet isn't spot on the best but I do try to keep it fairly clean. I usually have go-lean cereal in the morning with eggs a little later, protein shake for post workout, fish, chicken, or lean steak with small sides of green beans, broccoli and/or corn for dinner and some natty peanut butter for night snack.

I too, have thought there was a link between the large muscle groups and eating, but I can't pinpoint it.

As for the one rep and getting sick that is really pushing myself at 300.

For instance yesterday was leg day for me. I did 3x10 at 155 and was very nauseous afterward. Even though the weight was very easy to do.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually eat approx 2 hours prior to workout. NO-explode is to be taken on an empty stomach.

My diet isn't spot on the best but I do try to keep it fairly clean. I usually have go-lean cereal in the morning with eggs a little later, protein shake for post workout, fish, chicken, or lean steak with small sides of green beans, broccoli and/or corn for dinner and some natty peanut butter for night snack.

I too, have thought there was a link between the large muscle groups and eating, but I can't pinpoint it.

As for the one rep and getting sick that is really pushing myself at 300.

For instance yesterday was leg day for me. I did 3x10 at 155 and was very nauseous afterward. Even though the weight was very easy to do.
I say scrap the NO and start from there. The bicarbonate i it could be messing with your stomach. Training legs is such a different beast than every other part.

Muscledad

Awards
I can do that. I will give that a shot and just keep plugging away at it. I love the wobbly leg syndrome and the soreness I get from working legs if I can just get past the sickness.

Thanks for the advice Rodja!!

davez325

davez325

Awards
Muscledad
Is it just the squats that make you nauseous? Or the entire leg workout, since you weren't specific?

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
I too have experienced nausea from NO, particularly on leg day. I bailed on NO products and have not had that same sensation since. May be an easy fix.

Muscledad

Awards
Yes, it is only on squats as that is my first exercise of the workout. I usually try to push past the nausea or just have a puke rally and keep going. lol

I don't have problems with any other exercise, I guess squats is just such of a beastly movement.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
You know what - I used to take six star's nitric oxide overdrive and it was great for about 10 days. Then it made me real shaky and sick during workout and hindered my workout so I stopped. Also my last routine before I changed up 8 weeks ago, called for super sets of hack squats and weighted lunges. This used to make me a little nauseated if I did sets too close together. Maybe give yourself more time between squat sets if dropping the NO doesn't fully help?

davez325

davez325

Awards
There are many exercises that you could do for legs, but at the end, the squat is the one! If dropping the NO doesn't help, then just do squats every other week, substitute other exercises, etc.

Muscledad

Awards
Ok, so I had leg day again and I dropped the NO for that day. Had a great workout considering I tweaked my back doing t-bars but that is another story altogether.

Point being, dropping the NO helped and I think the wheels will really start getting a pounding now.

Thanks to all that helped.

NFLforNBA

NFLforNBA

Awards
am i wierd, when i workout i dont feel wierd on my legs since i stopped taking supplements like a year ago and then all my problems went away.