sleeeeeeeeeeeep - AnabolicMinds.com

sleeeeeeeeeeeep

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

sleeeeeeeeeeeep

how much sleep per night is ideal? and do you need more sleep on workout days than off days or should you always get the same amount
    also is there any difference between sleeping 10pm-7am and sleeping 3am-12pm?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by allstar504448 View Post
    how much sleep per night is ideal? and do you need more sleep on workout days than off days or should you always get the same amount
    also is there any difference between sleeping 10pm-7am and sleeping 3am-12pm?
    As far as sleep per night, most people need between 7-9 hours per night. However, some can get away with 5-6 hours and some need/could use more. For me, I am way more tired on workout days for obvious reasons, and it stands to reason since your body needs to recover. As for any differences between the times...probably not, if that's your schedule every night. If not, though, you could really confuse your body.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Well, it depends on your lifestyle. I would recommend 8, the usual answer. However I usually only get 6-7 and I recover pretty well.

And the difference between 10pm-7am and 3am-12pm is that humans are not designed to be nocturnal. Your mind cant work as well during the night than during the day. But thats probably the only real difference, but once again, it depends on your lifestyle.
    •   

4. Advanced Member

i aim for 8 but usually only 4 - 6 hours of that is quality sleep.. i wake up in the middle of the night to piss and also wake up just randomly...
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain Eater View Post
    Well, it depends on your lifestyle. I would recommend 8, the usual answer. However I usually only get 6-7 and I recover pretty well.

And the difference between 10pm-7am and 3am-12pm is that humans are not designed to be nocturnal. Your mind cant work as well during the night than during the day. But thats probably the only real difference, but once again, it depends on your lifestyle.
    I shoot for 8 usually get 6-7.

The difference between 10-7 and 3-12 will depend on your current lifestyle. For example I go to bed at 1 am every day and wake up at 9 am. My body is used to it and been doing it for 5 years because of work. Others may have a hard time for this. Your body can really adjust to any sleeping routine just make sure you shoot for 7 or 8 hours.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Honestly, the time frame that you sleep in isn't that big of a deal in my opinion. I usually get to sleep no earlier than 2 AM and sleep untill 10-11 AM. As long as your body is accustomed to the sleeping/waking intervals, I think you're fine. I can typically get by on 7 hours of sleep.

As BoyFromAus said, I usually wake up at least once to take a piss (usually very early in the morning) so that may also effect your sleep cycle, but I haven't noticed this effecting my recovery.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I usually get 6-7 during the week, but feel better when i get 7-9. Theres just not enough hours in the day sometimes.
    Remember why you started.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I sleep from about 3am-11am or noon. When college starts I'm going to start sleeping from 1am-9am. Well really 1;30, it takes atleast 30 minutes for me to get to sleep.
  •