p90x

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I feel like my cardio and training intensity in general has drifted off a bit in the last month and want a little something to pick it back up again and motivate me. I have had some friends try p90x but they are mentally weak and wouldn't stick with it. I still am going to continue my own lifting regimen during the week, but I don't know I just need a spark. Is p90x worth my time?

at1010

Awards
  • Established
i have read that it is the real deal....my one buddies dad uses it and hes like 50 and ripped now...hes like 6'1 and about 207 all muscle and he swears by p90....give it a try i am going to eventually

enswalters

Awards
i have read that it is the real deal....my one buddies dad uses it and hes like 50 and ripped now...hes like 6'1 and about 207 all muscle and he swears by p90....give it a try i am going to eventually
I've done 3 full cycles of P90X. It's a great routine for losing weight and toning up, not so great for bulking. I did go heavy in some of the routines and cut the reps down, but there are only short breaks between sets so it's hard to keep up the entire time.

Now, I'm still doing P90X a few times a week, but I supplement it with heavy lifting in the gym - squats, deadlift, bench press, military press, etc. The leg routine in particular will NOT help you grow at all, mainly just bodyweight exercises.

Try it - you won't be disappointed.

at1010

Awards
  • Established
ya its to just get ripped up i agree....i have done a workout i found on bb.com you might like man youll tone and get stronger....look up alex stewart and its an 8 day split...

ffmedic32

ffmedic32

Awards
P90X is the real deal...It is not easy,,great for leaning out a bit

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
So the best route with it is to use it and supplement with my own weight lifting routine?

OutWorkU

Awards
Check out the other p90x thread for my thoughts on it.

The basic jist of it (my $.02) is this:

Use it to take a break from your normal routine, use it to lean out, etc. I plan to do so in Feb of '10.

The only problem I have w/ p90x is the hype. If you do ANY decent program and follow a strict diet, you will lean out. There's nothing really special about p90x other than the fact that it's all laid out for you and the planning is done. I don't buy the muscle confusion **** either. Not in 30 days anyway. If you plateau in 30 days, you're not working hard or intensely enough. Plateau's are real, but no tin the time frame p90x suggests. Just take p90x for what it is. 90 days of strict adherence to a strict diet and an exercise plan that emphasizes intensity and cardiovascular endurance. There's even a little met-con in there too. It's 7 days of non-stop working out (although I believe one of those days is Yoga/stretching or something).

You do those 90 days w/ a good diet and just about any workout program will achieve awesome results.

Like I said, the benefit is that it's all laid out for you. For that, p90x is great. And yes, some of the body weight movements are nasty and it will kick your ass.