My knees

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Never really had joint problems in the past but I've been doing HIIT cardio 4-5 times / wk. for an hour plus my regular leg routine and my knees are throbbing. I'm icing them but I think I need more support when I'm exercising. Is a standard Ace Bandage enough support or is there a superior alternative?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It sounds like an overuse injury. How the hell are you doing HIIT for an hour?

Logo

Awards
I don't see any reason to do HIIT more than 2 x week. Keep it under 30 minutes for heavens sake. My all out HIIT sessions never last more than about 20-25 minutes.

jim623

You taking any estrogen blockers at the moment? Too low of an estrogen level can cause dryness/ joint pain.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like an overuse injury. How the hell are you doing HIIT for an hour?
I have a long rest interval and that includes warm-up / warm-down. 8 min jog to warm up - 30 second sprints, 2.5 minute rest interval times 8, 4 min jog, 4 minute walk. So actually its 40 min. Whatever - seems like 60 by the time I finished! Haha - maybe I should tone it down some tho. thanks.

You taking any estrogen blockers at the moment? Too low of an estrogen level can cause dryness/ joint pain.
hmm... i'm 8 days into taking 10mg nolva as i come off 1-t tren used to fight catabolism during my last 6 weeks of cutting. Quite astute. reps for that. maybe I don't need the nolva. I'm also taking the TRS from PP. I got the whole 1-t tren kit they sell. I just don't trust an all OTC PCT but I guess its working.

I'll cut back but regardless, what is the best way to wrap the knees? I think my knees started bothering me before finishing the 1-t tren so.....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cut back on the running and buy a new pair of shoes.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
ya, i would chose a low impact form of cardio..eliptical, stair climber, even a brisk pace on the treadmill on an incline..anything to eliminate the jarring impact your knees are taking. possibly some swimming if you are comfortable in water.. especially untill the knee pain subsides.. as far as wrapping, that can be effective for knee support during heavy leg training, but trying to wrap, or use some kind of compression for your knees during cardio for any duration would be pretty uncomfortable, and hamper circulation..cutting the nolva, eliminating or cutting back on the running, should help considerably..plus some new kicks..

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Cut back on the running and buy a new pair of shoes.
ya, i would chose a low impact form of cardio..eliptical, stair climber, even a brisk pace on the treadmill on an incline..anything to eliminate the jarring impact your knees are taking. possibly some swimming if you are comfortable in water.. especially untill the knee pain subsides.. as far as wrapping, that can be effective for knee support during heavy leg training, but trying to wrap, or use some kind of compression for your knees during cardio for any duration would be pretty uncomfortable, and hamper circulation..cutting the nolva, eliminating or cutting back on the running, should help considerably..plus some new kicks..
Both of these gentlemen have it pretty much spot on. You can do HIIT on the bike as well. Give your joints some time off, you're still hitting the fat burning aspect of the HIIT on a bike. I have bad knees and I have to do this every once in a while. You can also buy a half decent knee brace at a sporting goods store for around $35. The one I have is all neoprene with metal braces on the sides. It's certainly not anything flashy, but it works. That always helps my knee.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
i hear you guys loud and clear - i definitely am due for new shoes too! but i do love water and i can try some other low-impact stuff too. thanks all for the help

jim623

I can't sit here and tell you to not run so much as I run up to 45 miles a week. I can tell you this little known fact, distance runner sustain more injuries than any other contact sport. Take a break(about 2 weeks), let your knees heal, and get yourself a good pair of shoes. NO not nike or reebok! Asics, Mazuno, or Saucony.

Watch the estrogen levels and get some cissus.