twice a week, twice the results??

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
Do you guys think working each body part out twice a week would be over training?? I've been doing a 4 day split once a week for quite sometime now and was thinking switching up to something like this

Workout A- Chest/ Bi's/ Abs
Workout B- Back/ Shoulders
Workout C- Legs/ Triceps/ Traps

Then...

Monday- A
Tuesday- B
Wed- C
Thursday- OFF
Fri- A
Sat- B
Sun- C

Of course the next week monday would be the Off as well as Friday so i guess technically its not exactly twice a week but you get the pattern.

Anyways anyone ever rip one of these guys or somethin similar?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It may be a good shock, but growth is not a linear scale.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
I don't know the intensity or volume of your workouts or what level of training your at but if you want to train bodyparts twice a week then I would look into DC training.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends entirely on intensity, volume, and your own recovery capacity. I have done up to 8 full body workouts per week and not overtrained, naturally. It all depends on how you put everything together: diet, training and recovery.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
You have to find what works for you some people dont like doing two body parts per week but it also depends on your workout types like stated above i for one like to do two workouts a week but granted im not going for the bodybuilding aspect of it rather athletic performance. If that makes sense.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
i've tried a split very similar to that but found out that i just couldn't recuperate in time between workouts, and, my intensity was dropping off.. was basically over-training.. so, i hit arms and hams twice a week as i am trying to bring these areas up.. give it a go though.. might work great for you..

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
a good routine for on cycle, recovery without anabolics will suck over 2 months on this. twice the work = 1.25-1.5x the gains, no doubling effect...

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
You can work a lift twice a week, and you can do do limited volume twice a week but i would not go in and try and destroy a muscle twice a week. I can deadlift 2x a week, but neither may be rediculously hard, this will not hit me as hard as one set to failure once a week. I also do alot of rear delt work after i bench on monday, and i do standing shoulder press on Friday. I do quite a bit of posterior work twice a week. I also don't take much to failure ever, i think it is unnecesary, i see guys doing forced reps of everything, the body can't take much of that. You have to tweak what works for you, and think out of the box at times.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i just hit each part per day. worked good for me, i used to hit arms twice and noticed i was over training so now i go once a week and on arms day i go realllly high reps (im slow twitch)