How is my military press?

rdugan95

rdugan95

Awards
this is a huge file, i have a great comp and it says 20 mins to dl it so just link us to youtube or something

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
The think is when I push the weight up I feel off balaced

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
The think is when I push the weight up I feel off balaced
You looked good up until those last couple reps where you looked a bit 'wobbly'. I would cut the set short before you get to that point. That is probably more of a core stability issue than lack of deltoid strength.

How do you position your feet. IIRC, for a strict "military press", your heels should be touching, toes pointed slightly out.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
You looked good up until those last couple reps where you looked a bit 'wobbly'. I would cut the set short before you get to that point. That is probably more of a core stability issue than lack of deltoid strength.

How do you position your feet. IIRC, for a strict "military press", your heels should be touching, toes pointed slightly out.
That is how I stand

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
this is a huge file, i have a great comp and it says 20 mins to dl it so just link us to youtube or something
20 minutes? Took me about 5 seconds.

Anyway, form looks pretty good. How wide do you have your hands?

Edit: Nvm, watched it again. Looks good.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Looks good to me. I really hate military press!

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
Form looks solid. Negatives are controlled. I don't see any bounce translating from the hips to the shoulders so you aren't push-pressing. Needs better lighting to really see how your hips are/aren't engaging though.

Overall solid.

Richard Gears

Richard Gears

Banned
Awards
Looks fine on my end.

Good form, no momentum or bounce. My form sucks on standing mili as i usually cheat on my last few reps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
u_e_s_i Training Forum 4
whaz Training Forum 17
Training Forum 24
Training Forum 2
Training Forum 12