Ab exercises

  1. Registered User
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,319
    Answers
    0

    Ab exercises


    I was wondering what are some really good ab exercises. Recently I've been doing leg raises and reverse crunches, and front squats but was wondering if there was something else I could add in.

  2. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Delta Force's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,791
    Answers
    0


    this site here has lots and lots of ab exercises you try out... look around and you'll find all major body parts workouts too!

    http://www.shapefit.com/training.html#1
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  3. Registered User
    TravisG's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    973
    Answers
    0


    quick q. how do front squats work your abs?

    but anyways onto business.

    Upper Abs.
    Crunches.
    stability ball crunches
    calves over bench crunches
    V-Ups
    ball to legs crunches
    straight leg crunches
    bycicle crunches

    lower abs
    bycicles
    hanging knee raises
    pikes
    reverse crunches
    straight leg knee raises
    ball to legs crunches
    v ups
    alternating straight leg raises
    times leg raises
    elbow to knee crunches

    obliques
    serratus twists
    dumbell sides bends
    side bends
    100's
    russian twists
    side crunches
    stability ball side crunches
    spide man pushups
    •   
       

  4. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Delta Force's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,791
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TravisG View Post
    quick q. how do front squats work your abs?

    but anyways onto business.

    Upper Abs.
    Crunches.
    stability ball crunches
    calves over bench crunches
    V-Ups
    ball to legs crunches
    straight leg crunches
    bycicle crunches

    lower abs
    bycicles
    hanging knee raises
    pikes
    reverse crunches
    straight leg knee raises
    ball to legs crunches
    v ups
    alternating straight leg raises
    times leg raises
    elbow to knee crunches

    obliques
    serratus twists
    dumbell sides bends
    side bends
    100's
    russian twists
    side crunches
    stability ball side crunches
    spide man pushups
    I dont see front squats on the list.. do you? I dont think it helps you abs though
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  5. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Delta Force's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,791
    Answers
    0


    NVM.... its on the original post... hence why I posted that link
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  6. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Answers
    0


    Front squats require many stabilizer muscles to engage to balance the weight, including the ab walls. Any type of compound movement like squat/dead recruits almost every single muscle group. One handed side deadlifts are really good for stabilizers, so is the ab wheel. Some simple ones you could do are boxer twists, pike ups with med ball.
  7. Registered User
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,319
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    Front squats require many stabilizer muscles to engage to balance the weight, including the ab walls. Any type of compound movement like squat/dead recruits almost every single muscle group. One handed side deadlifts are really good for stabilizers, so is the ab wheel. Some simple ones you could do are boxer twists, pike ups with med ball.
    After looking at the site I was thinking of doing Reverse Abdominal Crunches, Overhead Abdominal Crunches and Lying Oblique Leg Raises, or Dumbbell Oblique Side Bends. I don't have a med ball or money now to get any. Also I don't have much more room. I have to fit all my equipment in a townhouse.
  8. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Answers
    0


    yea you can do all types of crunches at home, use the dumbell and do twists with legs slightly elevated. also you can do pike ups with the dumbell. Find a pull up bar and do leg raises and knee raises. Im about to start doing this L seat exercise:

    http://www.beastskills.com/L%20Seat.htm
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Pec Exercises
    By WannabeBatman in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 09:42 PM
  2. abb exercises
    By Bigguy851 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
  3. Bi and Tri exercises
    By pizzathehut in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 10:28 PM
  4. Gluteus exercises
    By riba in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 10:42 AM
  5. Some of the best exercises you never do
    By exnihilo in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 08:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in