Wrist pain while squatting - AnabolicMinds.com

Wrist pain while squatting

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Wrist pain while squatting

Recently I've been having wrist pain while doing squats. I don't had this problem during front squats. I believe my squatting form is alot better (not shooting my knees past toes), but I'm still having this problem with my wrists.

2. New Member
    Stats
    4'6"  900 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    Recently I've been having wrist pain while doing squats. I don't had this problem during front squats. I believe my squatting form is alot better (not shooting my knees past toes), but I'm still having this problem with my wrists.
    I get the same thing with low-bar back squats. I believe the pain in my wrist is caused, at least in part, by allowing too much of the bar weight to be supported by my hands. I've had some success in lifting my elbows up while the weight is on my back. This forces more of the weight on my back instead of in my hands.

3. New Member
    Answers

I get that sometimes as well when doing back squats, Im pretty sure it happens when I tend to support to much of the weight with my hands. Try spreading your ams out more across the bar when doing back squats forcing yourself to support the bar more with your upper back and traps. I try not to keep my hands wrapped around the bar.

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Yea the lower you have the bar the more pressure is on your hands at certain times. I found that leaning forward a little more (while keeping the back straight) helps the wrists so much , because the weight just rests on your back. Also put the clips a little lower if you squat like this, so when you go to rack it you can just put it down instead of lifting it up on the clips with your hands.

5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Try just resting your hands over the top of the bar and hot holding it at all. Ideally, your wrist should be completely neutral - this of course is a flexibility issue and needs to be addressed.

6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Widen your grip.

7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Good advice guys. Definitely try a wider grip. Possibly letting the bar down your back a little. If you do thou you will most likely have to slightly lean forward to keep your balance, and back arched. Even with the slight lean, your lower back will be in a better leverage position and will be Easier to use more poundage, legs capable providing. I always feel my back as the wea link and doing as I said lessens the pain lol. key here, definitely keep your elbows high, especially when coming outta the bottom, will help prevent bar from rolling further down your back. You will also prob haveta adjust your stance. Mines slightly wider than shoulder width and toes slightly out. lotta possibilities.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Testicle Pain While Squatting (not sure where to post)
    By srocco112 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 09:57 AM
  2. Pain near rectum while squatting (serious)
    By beefjerky in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 04:55 PM
  3. lower hip / groin pain while squatting
    By Primal2099 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 04:02 PM
  4. Upper thigh pain while SQUATTING!
    By soseg in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 06:51 AM
  5. back pain from squatting