SKYROCKET MY BENCH

rdugan95

rdugan95

Awards
MY bench has been steadily increasing and I would like it to go up as high as possible, so what training program does everyone use to increase bench best? I am currently doing
5 X 135
3 X 150
3 X 165
3 X 175
3 X 195
10 X 165

at1010

Awards
  • Established
to help man you gotta change up sets and reps...so maby do one week 5by3 or 3by5 or a 12,10.8.6.12 week just mix it up....also do you use dbs and incline?

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
5x5 if you get every rep of every set you need more weight

hvylifter

hvylifter

Awards
  • Established
Too many sets for me. I do plenty of warmup sets, but then I do the real ones, 4 sets to failure usually does it for me. Sometimes I work up, sometimes go heavy and work down, proper warmup required. then 3 ta 4 setsclose grip bench followed by 3 ta 4 sets of some shoulder pressing movement, all to failure. rep range us usually 6 or less, unless I'm going ta burn it out at the end. Heavy set could just be a single or double. Sometimes I use bands or do some partials even some iso. Mainly, jus don't worry as much about volume, make sure you get some heavy reps in, and quality, blast the set till you can't.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Try something like Sheiko training, my bench went up 50lb in 9 weeks.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Focus on strengthening the other parts. These are often the limiting factors. By this, I mean to really focus on the lats and traps.

Playwithfire

Playwithfire

Awards
I have used bands to increase my bench and break plateaus. Your gym should have some and if they don't then request that they get them in ASAP.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Look up Metal Militia by Sebastian Burns. It is a soley bench based routine that is blowing me up.

rdugan95

rdugan95

Awards
I feel as though I play be reaching a plateau. My max on bench has risen about 40 lbs since i came back from college (2 months), I started maxing about 170 and as of july 16th my high 1 rep is 210. I'm not sure whats going on but in the past couple weeks my bench seems to be staying about the same. What I am noticing is that my ability to rep is increasing. I feel i might be better at repping than 1 rep maxing, because I was able to do 170 for 10 on monday which a bench calculator says my max is about 235. Not sure if this is true but i truly doubt i could put up 235. I think the most i could put up at this moment is about 220.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
A chest routine of mine for example would be somethin like this

Flat bench

Warm up 185 1x10

then 5x5

I start at my second set from the week before...

so

1x5 at 255
1x5 at 260
1x5 at 265
1x5 at 270
1x5 at 275 (usually miss one rep on this set)
Then next week I would start at 260... and get 275 and miss 280

Then i go to DB flat bench 3x10
i would do two sets of same weight and move up 5 lbs

then incline bench 5x5 same as flat bench.. just move up 5 lbs everytime

db incline 3x10
same as flat db's
then 3x10 dips

and 3x10 flys

thats my chest routine... my bench goes up 5-10 lbs a week so it works for me... might over train some... but I do this once a week (on monday) and its great. I'm progressively overloading my chest... I personally love this routine.