weird neck feelings

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Recently I've been having these weird feelings in my neck when I workout, especially when doing military presses. My neck feels like it's very tight and I feel pressure at the back of my head where my neck and skull meet. I've also been waking up with stiff legs, even If I haven't worked out at all the day before.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
sounds like you're flexing your neck/jawline when doing heavy weights. try and loosen this, relax your neck, or look up to help flex your erectors. i imagine you have the same issue doing chins.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
do you go behind the neck? thats a big problem. if not, do you ever get the leg numbness otherwise?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
do you go behind the neck? thats a big problem. if not, do you ever get the leg numbness otherwise?
I never go behind the head. I've been waking up with leg stiffness.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
sounds like you're flexing your neck/jawline when doing heavy weights. try and loosen this, relax your neck, or look up to help flex your erectors. i imagine you have the same issue doing chins.
I had that same issue. I did what suncloud recommends above as well as relaxed my spine while doing shoulders. If you do your reps slow then you will be able to feel it coming on. Just relax those muscles and you should be fine