Upper/Lower splits...Please HELP - AnabolicMinds.com

Upper/Lower splits...Please HELP

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  204 lbs.

Upper/Lower splits...Please HELP

Anyone body done them? Had success or not? I was thinking of trying it but not sure if I should do it 3 or 4 times a week. I usually take a day off after every lifting day, but someone recomended the 4x a week.

3 times a week would look like this.

M: Upper
    Tff
    W:Lower
    Tff
    F:Upper

then the next week would be..lower,upper, lower

4 times a week would look like this.

M:Upper
    T:lower
    Wff
    T:Upper
    F:lower

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Every single person here will tell you something different, and they may all be right, because the workout routine that works best for you might not work best for someone else. What I have found works best for me is

Mon:Upper
    Tue:Lower
    Wed:Upper
    Thu:Lower
    Fri:Upper
    Sat:Boxing
    Sun:Brazilian-Jiu-Jitsu

I see best results when I do this intense workout, saturday gives my body some time to rest, in which I will box, and sundays I will roll, which is a total body workout along with a cardio, likewise with boxing.

Try 4 times a week and if you feel tired you can go to 3. Most of my weight lifting friends lift at least 4 times a week though. Make sure you are eating right though man, that's half the battle.
    Good luck my friend PM if you have ANY questions.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  204 lbs.

ok thanks, see I was always under the impression you should take a day off after every workout..
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Some say yes, some say no, but really when you're working another body part you kind of are taking a break, at least on the other body part so each day you alternate areas giving the previous a day of rest.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.

Upper/lower splits can work very well. If you do 4 days a week, I would do one heavy and one light workout for each. For example:
    M- heavy lower body; Tu- light upper body; Th- light lower body, Sa- heavy upper body

If you went three days/week, you probably don't have to worry about the light workouts and just alternate between 2 upper body/1 lower body and 1 upper body/2 lower body weeks.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  204 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SRS2000 View Post
    Upper/lower splits can work very well. If you do 4 days a week, I would do one heavy and one light workout for each. For example:
    M- heavy lower body; Tu- light upper body; Th- light lower body, Sa- heavy upper body

If you went three days/week, you probably don't have to worry about the light workouts and just alternate between 2 upper body/1 lower body and 1 upper body/2 lower body weeks.

true, What has had more succes? the 3 or 4 times a week? Im going to be doing this routine on my first PH cycle of hdrol.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantell View Post
    true, What has had more succes? the 3 or 4 times a week? Im going to be doing this routine on my first PH cycle of hdrol.
    I've had the best luck with the 4 day type of program. I do the main movement heavy (1-5 reps) or light (6-10 sets of 2-3 reps with short rest with light weight) then hit 3-4 more exercises for 3-4 sets of 8-20 reps each. Focus on the main movement and then use the rest of the accessory work to hit the other muscle groups in the upper or lower body. The heavy work makes you stronger and the accessory work provides enough volume to gain muscle mass.

Similar Forum Threads

1. LR3 Bilaterally, upper and lower - same day?
    By sureshot! in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 06:45 PM
  2. Upper/Lower workout
    By doctacarta in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 06:16 PM
  3. Upper/Lower Split
    By geezersi in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 03:30 PM
  4. upper/lower split help