Upper/Lower splits...Please HELP

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Anyone body done them? Had success or not? I was thinking of trying it but not sure if I should do it 3 or 4 times a week. I usually take a day off after every lifting day, but someone recomended the 4x a week.

3 times a week would look like this.

M: Upper
Tff
W:Lower
Tff
F:Upper

then the next week would be..lower,upper, lower

4 times a week would look like this.

M:Upper
T:lower
Wff
T:Upper
F:lower

rdugan95

rdugan95

Awards
Every single person here will tell you something different, and they may all be right, because the workout routine that works best for you might not work best for someone else. What I have found works best for me is

Mon:Upper
Tue:Lower
Wed:Upper
Thu:Lower
Fri:Upper
Sat:Boxing
Sun:Brazilian-Jiu-Jitsu

I see best results when I do this intense workout, saturday gives my body some time to rest, in which I will box, and sundays I will roll, which is a total body workout along with a cardio, likewise with boxing.

Try 4 times a week and if you feel tired you can go to 3. Most of my weight lifting friends lift at least 4 times a week though. Make sure you are eating right though man, that's half the battle.
Good luck my friend PM if you have ANY questions.

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
ok thanks, see I was always under the impression you should take a day off after every workout..

rdugan95

rdugan95

Awards
Some say yes, some say no, but really when you're working another body part you kind of are taking a break, at least on the other body part so each day you alternate areas giving the previous a day of rest.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Upper/lower splits can work very well. If you do 4 days a week, I would do one heavy and one light workout for each. For example:
M- heavy lower body; Tu- light upper body; Th- light lower body, Sa- heavy upper body

If you went three days/week, you probably don't have to worry about the light workouts and just alternate between 2 upper body/1 lower body and 1 upper body/2 lower body weeks.

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Upper/lower splits can work very well. If you do 4 days a week, I would do one heavy and one light workout for each. For example:
M- heavy lower body; Tu- light upper body; Th- light lower body, Sa- heavy upper body

If you went three days/week, you probably don't have to worry about the light workouts and just alternate between 2 upper body/1 lower body and 1 upper body/2 lower body weeks.

true, What has had more succes? the 3 or 4 times a week? Im going to be doing this routine on my first PH cycle of hdrol.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
true, What has had more succes? the 3 or 4 times a week? Im going to be doing this routine on my first PH cycle of hdrol.
I've had the best luck with the 4 day type of program. I do the main movement heavy (1-5 reps) or light (6-10 sets of 2-3 reps with short rest with light weight) then hit 3-4 more exercises for 3-4 sets of 8-20 reps each. Focus on the main movement and then use the rest of the accessory work to hit the other muscle groups in the upper or lower body. The heavy work makes you stronger and the accessory work provides enough volume to gain muscle mass.