- 07-18-2009, 10:15 PM
- 07-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Standing Calf Raises
Seated Calf Raises
Leg Press Calf Press
ALso, there are other calf machines that can be effective
However, the machines and exercises won't necessarily build your calf muscles. It will be your commitment to them to prioritize them and give 100% intensity EACH time you train them. Unless you are genetically gifted with good calves, it will be one of the hardest bodyparts to make grow. But consistency and intensity have brought mine up from my genetically ungifted (is that a word?) bread-stick-calves to somewhat decent ones with pretty good lines.
Also, try doing different rep ranges. One day go heavier (6-8 reps) and another day go 15-20 reps. Good luck!
- 07-19-2009, 10:39 PM
I've also found the following 3 things to be crucial to calf growth:
1. focus on squeezing your calves at the top of each rep
2. control the eccentric
3. stretch your calves for a few seconds at the bottom of each rep
I only really started hitting calves hard about 4 months ago, but since then they've been growing great
07-20-2009, 12:59 AM
Also add in reverse calf raises to beef up the front of the calves(shin area). Most people dont do this exercise or havent even heard of it...... and it works wonders.
07-20-2009, 01:09 AM
07-20-2009, 02:48 AM
If you are in a rush,... jump on a donke raise calf machine, and use your heels to push,... not your toes. Same movement, just on a plane.
07-20-2009, 03:39 AM
I like standing calf raises using the smith machine. Works a lot better than the calf machine at my gym. Give that a try. You can really contract the muscle.
07-20-2009, 03:48 AM
07-20-2009, 07:14 AM
07-20-2009, 12:06 PM
07-20-2009, 12:11 PM
07-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Belikearnold in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 10-17-2010, 09:21 PM
- By mathis50262 in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 04-29-2009, 01:11 PM
- By Timmo in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 08-05-2008, 11:45 PM
- By Wonderman in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-03-2007, 04:42 PM
- By John Smeton in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 5Last Post: 10-19-2007, 04:27 PM