What Am I Missing??

TonyBSRT

Awards
Ok, I have a total Body Works 5000 and I think it works great. I use it everyday (30 minutes) and every other day I do HIIT (though it's not too impressive being I'm still about 20lbs too fat). I used to be 198lbs and I'm now at 216lbs down from 238lbs.

I intake about 1300-1800 calories a day. I also drink a few protien shakes adding up to about 68 grams.

I cheat on Sundays and eat a little more than I should. But I used to drink TONS of soda and eat a lot of pastas and even more cakes and stuff.

I'm just wondering if there is anything else I should be doing. I'm trying to get rid of this fat on my chest and waist.

Thanks!

demetre

Awards
buddy i know how you feel. i was 220 at 5'9'' now i am 185 and still going. it sounds like we have the same body type because i also have a fat waist and chest. your problem might be of those calories you are eating too many carbs. i cut my carbs to under 20 grams a day.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
carbs are most likely the issue, specifically fast digesting ones. 1300 calories is way too little calories for you. 1800 is a safer number to hit, and you'll see better results.

when you starve yourself at 1300 calories, your bodies first thought is "lets ditch whatever needs calories to be maintained. this equates to muscle loss with little to no fat loss...

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
id say still eat around 2000. if you eat too little calories youre going to slow your metabolism. also stay away from things that are white. white bread, rice, potatos, bananas, noodles. they are all fast digesting carbs that will make you gain fat. also cut out sugar. go with brown rice, whole wheat everything. low fat dairy products. and you should start to see a difference.

TonyBSRT

Awards
Thanks for the advice!

I'll try what you suggest. I guess carbs would have to be it. I LOVE mashed potatoes, pasta, rice, garlic bread, pizza (I come from an Italian family)!

So 2000 calories? Wow, I've been starving myself!

What about fruits and veggies? What's good there?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Good carbs: Whole gains, vegetables and maybe a couple pieces of fruit per day (earlier rather than later)

In place of your favorites: Sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta, brown rice

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Good carbs: Whole gains, vegetables and maybe a couple pieces of fruit per day (earlier rather than later)

In place of your favorites: Sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta, brown rice
x2 no reason to deprive yourself of foods you like, just minor tweaks to make them better...