BeachBody: INSANITY

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I am intrigued by this workout/DVD set. I am wanting to try plyometrics and sport conditioning in the near future, and actually and going to start with the P90X system. But this one looks hardcore, and a possible follow up to the P90X... anyone thinking about tackling this one, or has accomplished the P90X?

I have lifted for close to a decade, and lost alot of range of motion, figured this would be an ideal way to recoup the youthful sport conditioning and movement I used to have.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I haven't done P90x myself, but I have a fellow co-worker that is doing it now. He really did not care for supplementation or working out at all years ago. Then one of his wife's relatives I believe, introduced P90x to him and he decided to try it. Its supposed to be pretty extreme(esp for people who are not used to pushing it hard in the gym) and next thing I know the guy is dropping weight and asking me info on NP and the supplements on there.

Basically he got addicted to it, dropped tons of weight, went from a couch potato to a guy who bikes like 100 miles a week, and now cares alot about his health. It essentially did its job and changed his life. I haven't done any of the exercises, but if it can turn this guy into something I never would have thought of,.... the system has got to be pretty darn good.

rantorcha

rantorcha

Awards
  • Established
I tell ya what, if I wasn't already regimented with my own protocols, I would love to try that out. It looks like a real challenge and tons of fun mentally and physically. Good luck with it if you give it a whirl. Keep us posted how you like it.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
man i used to be a sales rep/coach for them... you should have hit me up. let me know if you or anyone need anything from them (supplements or Workout programs) or if anyone does or is interested in becoming a coach for them. I will get you in touch with my girlfriend who is a rep

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established
I immediately dismissed it because it was sold on TV and I think anything with an infomercial is sure to disappoint... But then I streamed the p90x ab ripper from my laptop to my TV (just go to google video and search "p90x ab ripper") and did the workout. Was sore for about 5 days (mostly my hip flexors though). The program will whip your ass into shape if you stick with it I'm sure.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I would love to try it, and do a log. But i have no cash

shortstop1616

Awards
Seen this insanity DVD thing... and they are marketing it the right way trying to get a part of that P90x market share.

Yea I tried the P90x thing but I was in pretty good shape to begin with so I didn't see the drastic changes like in the commercials. I think its more for people who like previous posters have said "couch potatoes" aka the not so physically active. I enjoyed their yoga program most. Helped increase my range of motion. But lately I switch to this online personal trainer site at www.vastmuscle.com and have added some more shape and definition to my body. Which was more what I wanted and my goal.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am fine with my size, if anything find myself a little too big at times. I always feel stiff, something I have not had issue with in the past. I want to try the P90X for a change in scenery, and see how functional I can become. I honestly do not care to much about being the biggest ever anymore, thats a thing of the past for me. I want to gain competitive advantage in anything sport related.

When i start maybe I will try to keep some information here as well to share my experiences.

Adams

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I am fine with my size, if anything find myself a little too big at times. I always feel stiff, something I have not had issue with in the past. I want to try the P90X for a change in scenery, and see how functional I can become. I honestly do not care to much about being the biggest ever anymore, thats a thing of the past for me. I want to gain competitive advantage in anything sport related.

When i start maybe I will try to keep some information here as well to share my experiences.

Adams
Thats where i'm at. Id feel better with another inch on my arm, but i want endurance training and to get more definition, which is why im so anxious to try it