Shrugs or upright rows?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. they utilize so many different areas that it is kind of difficult to pin it down on one day if you choose to do single or 2 bodypart workouts per week. I usually pair it with shoulders and biceps as the front runner after hitting rear delts as a warmup.
    •   

2. dam nice vid jw, he smashed that 315 off like it was nothing. looked like freakin machine doing that set.

3. UPRIRGHT ROWS ARE MORE FOR SHOULDER DEVELOPMENT. SHRUGS ARE FOR TRAPS AND SERRATUS. SHRUGS ARE A GOOD OL MASS BUILDER FOR THE TRAPS. USE UPRIGHT ROW ON SHOULDER DAY. TRAPS ARE SHOULDER ELEVATORS AND UNLESS YOU GET YOUR SHOULDERS HELLA HIGH ON UPRIGHT ROW YOUR TRAPS ARNT GOING TO BE HIT AS HARD AS WITH SHRUGS. TRY INCLINE SHRUGS THEY KICK ASS. SIT AT AN INCLINE ANGLE ON AN INCLINE BENCH AND DO DB SHRUGS. THEY KICK ASS AND HIT THE TRAPS FROM A DIFFERENT ANGLE PROMOTING MUSCLE CONFUSION AND GROWTH

4. Dead lifts kill them both, but I suggest all of the above. I don't understand why this is an either/or concern.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

5. deads are partially used in PC.

6. Mhmmm mmm! Olympic lifts!! Gotta love em!

7. heavy deads and hang power cleans all the way.

8. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJKuIMOB6i8"]YouTube - Maryland Football Strength and Conditioning[/ame]

9. Quote Originally Posted by JassUSMC View Post
    I remember years ago when I followed a Bodybuilder style of training (Lots of Isolation exercises), then moved to Powerlifting...

Shrugs never did anything for me. Infact, I saw way more growth (muscle and strength) powerlifting. I havent done a Bicep curl in probably a year, and my arms are the biggest they've been, all from compound lifts, bodyweight exercises, and a lot of hanging, and static holds (dip bars).

When I powerlifted, my traps got HUGE from upright rows. They are now bigger from Oly lifts.
    word bro power cleans made my traps huge

10. close grip upright rows ftw
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Upright Rows or High Pulls?
    By GreenMachineX in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-20-2014, 11:18 AM
  2. Upright row question
    By ItsHectic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 09:58 PM