Dumbbell Deadlifts or Smith Machine Deadlifts?
- 07-15-2009, 06:54 PM
- 07-15-2009, 07:28 PM
dumbbells probably, back at my old gym I had the same problem and just never felt right doing them with the smith machine. By any chance to you goto a planet fitness?
- 07-15-2009, 08:45 PM
07-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Stick with DB/Smith Rows. Smith deads are going to be a little weird since it's all in one plane. I've done partial deads in the smith (at about knee level) and it wasn't bad but I wouldn't attempt to do full range deads in it. Be careful though because if you do them like that you can use some decent weight and the plates might accidentally make some noise and get you kicked out lol.
07-15-2009, 10:56 PM
07-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll stick with the dumbbell deads even though their dumbbells only go up to 75 lbs. I'm not exactly the strongest guy in the world so it's ok...for now.
07-16-2009, 12:10 PM
will they kick you out for doing regular deadlifts, even if you don't use straps? We have a planet in town, and they are 24 hours here I believe. I can join for $99 for the year, so I thought about it for a back up in case I couldn't get to Gold's when I needed to.
07-16-2009, 01:34 PM
07-16-2009, 02:32 PM
dumbells for sure. smith machine won't work effectively - plane of motion, and lack of stabilizer muscles. i suppose you could use the smith machine AFTER dumbells as you'll be able to lift more weight. either way, start with dumbells.
07-16-2009, 02:37 PM
07-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Markusrulezzz in forum Training ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 04-19-2011, 02:23 PM
- By boricuarage in forum Training ForumReplies: 66Last Post: 09-14-2010, 10:16 AM
- By thesinner in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 47Last Post: 03-04-2007, 11:00 PM
- By blunted97 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 5Last Post: 03-01-2007, 02:21 PM
- By comrade in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 6Last Post: 03-28-2004, 12:01 PM