sleds for HIIT?
- 07-15-2009, 05:50 PM
- 07-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Sure man. Push it or pull it, either way just make sure you are going fairly heavy and try to sprint with it for a short distance then rest between.
- 07-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Heck yeah, go for it! Sounds fun! To insure the most efficiency, it will help if you have a portable heart rate monitor. Ebay has them for not much $$$. And remember, it's best to vary your form of HIIT exercise every 3-4 weeks.
07-16-2009, 12:02 PM
thanks alot! Yea that is my main problem with keeping my cardio up I just get bored with sprinting so I figured maybe once a week sprints, then use the sled another day, etc.
07-16-2009, 12:09 PM
That's what it's all about! Finding what it takes to hold your interest. Steady rate bores me to insanity. There are so many ways to vary HIIT. Next week, I'm about to start the Tabata protocol, with the help of a fantastic coach. I'm excited.
07-16-2009, 12:18 PM
the resistance will also vary depending if you pull on grass or asphalt/cement. I just started pulling and i have to add at least 50lbs for my asphalt pull to be as tough as my grass pull
07-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By BoyFromAus in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 11-15-2008, 07:11 AM
- By borneagain in forum BulkingReplies: 6Last Post: 04-13-2008, 10:27 AM
- By CorpKiller in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 11-14-2007, 10:54 AM
- By Jameson in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 9Last Post: 01-25-2006, 11:16 PM
- By Changing in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 07-22-2005, 01:44 PM