sleds for HIIT?

itzgambino

Awards
I have always wanted to using tires and stuff, but I just found out one of the gyms i goto has sleds. Is there anyway I can incorporate a sled and use it for HIIT in someway?

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
Sure man. Push it or pull it, either way just make sure you are going fairly heavy and try to sprint with it for a short distance then rest between.

keeper

Heck yeah, go for it! Sounds fun! To insure the most efficiency, it will help if you have a portable heart rate monitor. Ebay has them for not much $$$. And remember, it's best to vary your form of HIIT exercise every 3-4 weeks.

itzgambino

Awards
thanks alot! Yea that is my main problem with keeping my cardio up I just get bored with sprinting so I figured maybe once a week sprints, then use the sled another day, etc.

keeper

That's what it's all about! Finding what it takes to hold your interest. Steady rate bores me to insanity. There are so many ways to vary HIIT. Next week, I'm about to start the Tabata protocol, with the help of a fantastic coach. I'm excited.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
the resistance will also vary depending if you pull on grass or asphalt/cement. I just started pulling and i have to add at least 50lbs for my asphalt pull to be as tough as my grass pull

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
thanks alot! Yea that is my main problem with keeping my cardio up I just get bored with sprinting so I figured maybe once a week sprints, then use the sled another day, etc.
Anything that will get your HR jacked can be used for HIIT. My gym as a full basketball court in it and that's where out sleds are at (the bottoms are carpeted so they don't mess up the floors) and they're homemade so the handles for the one I use are literally 4 inches off the floor lol. A couple trips up and down the full length of the court w/ 100lbs on there as fast as I could go and I was completely wiped out!