west side unortho's?

db682

Awards
  • Established
I used to do the weighted sled drag for football practice many years ago. It works wonders but it can also do some major damage if done wrong. I had a friend get a minor tear in his ham using it and not being properly warmed up before burst sprint while dragging. Its supposed to simulate a ball carrier pulling for extra yardage while being wrapped up by a tackler.
Now days athletes use sprint chutes instead. Kinda like a parachute you pull while running. The faster you run the harder it pulls back. It is much safer and a hell of alot easier to carry around while not pulling it. There everywhere on the beach around here.

db

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
yeah i think i would have to warm up thoroughly before i sprinted with that contraption tied to my ass. just curious, how much weight did your friend use
or you ,when you used it? [/B
] I am interested in the mass I could put on my upper back with some overhead ketel beel throws.
i would like to try that parachute sprint, looks like ther would be some definite resistance.
thanks for your input and would welcome more.

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The sled is on of the best things you can do to train for cardio vascular health while providing very little impact stress to your joints. I pull mine a couple of times a week. Usually once for distance and another for weight.

Iron Addict