Cardio in the morning?

spoofy

Awards
Could someone explain the logic behind this to me? It seemed reasonable to me but a respected friend of mine says it is just another BB myth and that you can do cardio at any time of the day with the same results.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/matt13.htm

quick link for some info

anyway..basically there are studies out there that show you burn more fat doing cardio in the morning b/c you are basically coming off of a fast of say 6-8 hours and you most likely have no carbs/sugar left to burn and you would be getting your energy from stored fat

some people say they like this way, some don't
some will argue that it takes away from intensity b/c you have no "fuel" in your system, and also that you have a greater chance of losing muslce that way

personally when I want to burn more fat through cardio, I don't eat for about 3 hrs prior to training...I get my heart rate up on the treadmill or something for about 5 minutes, then make sure I keep a good pace when doing my lifting, checking my HR periodically to make sure its in a good fat burning range..then I will follow my lifting with additional cardio, mixing HIT style and light-moderate lengthy sessions of about 45 minutes...slow jog or walking..mostly walking cause i hate cardio..lol

anyway..I say to each is own man...if morning cardio works for you then do it...if you notice you are losing muscle by doing it in the morning..either stop..reduce ..or supplement with something that is anti-catabolic

overall I think you will burn more fat in the morning, however with everything there is a sacrifice, and in this case could be muscle and/or decrease in intensity when hitting the weights.

h19

size

Awards
  • Established
I do not like carido in the morning. I am just NOT a morning person.

I think the biggest reason to do cardio in the morning is about time and dedication. If you are not dedicated then it is best to get it done and over with b/c you might not ever do it. If you are dedicated, then you will get your cardio done one way or another.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I do not like carido in the morning. I am just NOT a morning person.

I think the biggest reason to do cardio in the morning is about time and dedication. If you are not dedicated then it is best to get it done and over with b/c you might not ever do it. If you are dedicated, then you will get your cardio done one way or another.

yeah that pretty much sums it up