Keyboard Warriors This Is For You

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I like simple things. I'm a simple man...

Eliminate The Useless Crap

June 25, 2009

Let’s face it.

You’re busy.

And you have very little time to spend debating what you should do in the gym or what you should be eating.

So I’m going to make it easy for you.

First, let’s cover your workouts. You’re going to train 3-4 days per week and you’re going to get in and out of the gym in 45-60 minutes. This helps to keep your testosterone levels high and allows you to maintain maximum focus throughout.

You’re always going to choose big, compound exercises for each body part. Starting from the top down you will do the following movements:

Traps- deadlift.

Shoulders- dumbbell or barbell military presses.

Chest- weighted/ TRX Strap pushups or dumbbell presses.

Back- chin ups and 1 arm dumbbell rows.

Biceps- barbell or dumbbell curls.

Triceps- dips and close grip benches.

Lower back, glutes and hamstrings- more deadlifts.

Legs- squats, squats and more squats.

Simple, right?

Don’t waste time searching for 739 other fancy exercises that won’t work any better than what I just listed. Eventually when you have more time and have made some very solid, impressive gains we can expand the list a bit. But for now stick to the list above and get brutally strong on those movements. Unless you can turn heads with the amount of weight you can use on those exercises you don’t need anything else.

What about cardio? Your head is probably spinning from all the cardio recommendations you read about regularly. So let’s cut through the junk and simplify it.

You’re going to do hill sprints.

That’s it.

That simple.

Twice a week to start, for a total of 15-20 minutes. Over time you can work up to 30 minutes and add an extra day if you want.

Why hill sprints? Well first of all because it’s summer and you should get off the bike or treadmill and get outside more often. And mainly because there is nothing any simpler or more effective that you can do.

Sprints on flat ground are great but require some technique and a long warm up; something which people may not always have time for. Sprints with a sled or Prowler are awesome but not everyone has one. Everyone can find a hill somewhere. And don’t worry about the distance. If your hill is only 30 yards you will do 30 yard hill sprints with as little rest as needed for 15-20 minutes. Over time you will simply try to do more sprints and decrease your rest periods. If your hill is 100 yards, then you sprint 100 yards.

Don’t over think it. That’s a one way ticket to Keyboard Warriorsville, a place where the population is small, fat and weak.

How about diet? Can anyone really tell me they don’t know that Big Mac’s and candy aren’t healthy? You know what’s healthy. You just have to commit to eating those foods. Today I want you to throw out everything in your house that comes in a bag or a box. Straight to the garbage. Now!

You’ll only eat foods that a caveman would have been able to eat. Organic meats, fish, fruits, veggies, legumes, nuts and seeds. That’s it. Its summer time and everyone wants to look good with their shirt off. Trust me, nobody’s getting fat on that diet.

If you’re trying to bulk up I will make an exception and allow you to eat oats and brown rice. But nothing else.

See how easy that was?

Get started today and keep me posted on your progress.

Jason Ferruggia

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
majinbijiita

majinbijiita

Awards
HA! I love it.

I'm the type to always over-think the **** out of everything, and it's time and energy consuming. So this is exactly the kind of thing I need to read.