sweating ALOT!

vette00

vette00

Awards
I recently went to a public gym to workout. It has been 2 weeks and during my workout i am sweating so much, but not to a point that is it pouring. For the past 3 years i have been working out at my house with the same intensity, workout and even the same machines such as BB,DB, and free weights. I am just woundering why this is happening, not that its a bad thing.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Temperature difference?

Humidity difference in your house and in the gym?

Anxiety around people?

No clue.

jim623

You may feel like the intensity is the same but more than likely it's not. Just being around other people you'll turn it up a notch subconsiously. I don't really sweat more at the gym, but the reason is, at home I workout in my unairconditioned shop.

vette00

vette00

Awards
You may feel like the intensity is the same but more than likely it's not. Just being around other people you'll turn it up a notch subconsiously. I don't really sweat more at the gym, but the reason is, at home I workout in my unairconditioned shop.
Thinking about it that makes sense. I have a workout partner that comes to my house to workout some times and when he is spoting me, the weights feel lighter. An example, I would typical bench 315 4-5 reps on my last set, but when he is there spotting i would do 6-7 reps. Is that because i am getting more pumped up and releasing more test in to my system? Just an thought, no facts.

davez325

davez325

Awards
Thinking about it that makes sense. I have a workout partner that comes to my house to workout some times and when he is spoting me, the weights feel lighter. An example, I would typical bench 315 4-5 reps on my last set, but when he is there spotting i would do 6-7 reps. Is that because i am getting more pumped up and releasing more test in to my system? Just an thought, no facts.
I think that having a workout partner who constanly pushes me, and the fact that more & heavier weights are available to me at the gym, are both factors that also make me sweat a lot at the gym than at home. I just take a towel and lots of water. lol

dropshot001

Awards
could be that you are unconsciously working faster because you are at a gym instead of at home.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
Are you on creatine? it stores water IM. so when you lift to cool your body off, you muscles disperse muscle heat deep within the muscle and bring it to the surface to cool your body. if youre on creatine that your body is storing water in those muscles giving your body alot of water to shed.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
^^Word. I usually sweat more when im cycling CEE. Its crazy now I had to start bringing my own towel. Nevermind the fact that I usually sweat alot anyways as it is and my new gym (since feb) is alot more humid than what I am used to, lol.

Also, check your blood pressure.