Severe Head Pain

tripwired

Awards
Hey guys,

I was benching yesterday and i felt a kind of pop in my uper neck at the base of my skull. Then i had a severe burning throbbing headache in just the left side of my head and in my eye and face. It went away after taking some motrin and resting for a while but this morning i got up and did a pull up and almost blacked out from the pain in my head. I'm still feeling it now what could this be?

jim623

I've had a similar incident, turned out to be a pinched nerve. The chiropractor and a couple of weeks of light benching helped me out.

You may still want to have the looked at by a professional though.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
Exertion headaches. They can honestly feel like you are dying. Took 2 weeks until I could lift anything, and then 2 weeks after that I could lift, but with slight pain. Just rest it out.

tripwired

Awards
really they just happen like that all the sudden, i've been lifting for a bit now and i've never had anything like this before.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
really they just happen like that all the sudden, i've been lifting for a bit now and i've never had anything like this before.
I had never had this either. I was benching, and struggled on last rep. Felt a sharp pain run up my neck and got a headache. Next set I was grabbing my head and praying that I was not dying. Went on for 2 weeks like this. I did learn how to lift with it though. If I went heavy and only did 4 reps, I could escape horrible pain. Chinups were a no go for me though. If you have insurance get checked out. If this is not exertion headaches, it could be something that needs medical attention quickly.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I had the same thing...about 4 weeks ago. Severe pain lasted about 2 weeks...and oh god, don't even think about having sex...I about died.
After 2 weeks I could lift with ibuprofin and light pain.
Now about 4 weeks out I am pain free again...although I do get slight hints of it from time to time during sex/extreme lifts.

Good luck!