• HAven't heard of it, not sure.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
I was just wondering if anyone has tried this program from x-size.com. I just bought it for 97.00 and afterwards I am wondering if I made a good move. The program claims to modify itself until it meets where your ideal training range and days off, etc are. I have seen acceptable reviews on other forums, but this is the one I trust the most.

One other concern I have is that the program seems to advocate one session of additional work in the form of 30 min of HIIT per week. I am trying to loose my fat and this seems to be insufficient. Anyone farmiliar with the program who would care to chime in, it would abe appreciated. I just don't want to end up with extra muscle but have my BF% go up from where it already is (high). I may have misunderstood and they meant once per day?? The original program was written by a German trainer, so there are a few spots in the program where things don't translate into English grammar very well.

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
X-size training??

No feedback? Has anyone heard of this program? I dont want to waste my time if it is no good....:dunno:

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
if u paid almost 100 bucks for it, id at least try it out. i dont think HIIT is going to go well at once a day, its wayyyy too much. i think you should go with once a week and maybe up it to twice a week and maybe 3 times a week if u feel u need it. or go with some regular cardo.

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
if u paid almost 100 bucks for it, id at least try it out. i dont think HIIT is going to go well at once a day, its wayyyy too much. i think you should go with once a week and maybe up it to twice a week and maybe 3 times a week if u feel u need it. or go with some regular cardo.
Giving it a shot. I will reply here on my results in a few weeks. I will scale back the HIIT and throw in some regular as well.

Thanks!
reps for replying.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
out of curiosity, what is the x size routine? like how is it layed out

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
out of curiosity, what is the x size routine? like how is it layed out
That is a hard one to answer because the somputer program changes the program. I will say though that it focuses on time under tension more than reps. It also seems to be more low volume/high intensity. I have been following it now for just a few workouts, but they have been only like 1 working set and 3 exercises. That is why I originally posted, it that I dont want to loose what little I DO have. I think it gets more intense once it "calculates" where your body works best. I think it it testing out muscle recovery time at this point, but I am not sure.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
thats cool as hell, to have a program like that. i love low volume training, it works so much better for me.

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you got ripped off.
Well, so far I haven't lost anything really, as far as my est 1RM etc, but I dont seem to have gained an ounce of muscle either. I find myself forcing yself to stop lifting as I ENJOY lifting. I trief MAX-OT awhile back, and the lower volume DID seem to work, but I am thining that this is taking it a bit far. I am going to force myself to try a few more workouts before I throw in the towel.

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
I read through again and it wants me doing HIIT only once per week. I know about the argument that cardio robs your body of nutrients and calories needed to build new muscle; but I am needing to loose BF% before I do a whole lot else. I dont want to stray too far from the program, but what do you think about me doing like 20 min HIIT 3-4 times per week.

One additional note. Though there is no "back" button on the program, I installed it on my desktop and entered some bogus data to see if it will eventually take me up on the sets etc. It does add some time and sets in after about a month of this. I think when it is doing a sort of deload since I put in that I had been training previously. I guess we will see. I am a bit more inclined to stick with the lifting regiment now that I know it will ramp up in a few weeks.