Bulking Routine

bmxbones

Awards
Alrite, going to be starting a new routine in a few weeks and need some critique as to how it looks. Have been lifting serious for 4 years now.

Some of my current info is I'm 5'5", 153 lbs, about 10% bf(judging by mirror). I currently take in about 3000 calories a day. From that about 250 are protein (150 from food such as chicken, tuna, steak, beans, eggs and then around 75 to 100 from shakes). Right now I currently have a 245x1 max bench, 315x5 squat, 425x3 deadlift, and 165x1 standing military press. My planned out routine will be:

Monday- Chest+Abs
Tuesday- Quads+Bi's+Calves
Wednesday-Rest
Thursday- Shoulders+Hamstrings+Abs
Friday- Back+Tris+Calves
Sat- Rest
Sun- Rest, work on lacking muscle if needed

Like i said i want to bulk up so this routine will be acompinied by a Massdrol cycle as well for four weeks at 10/20/20/30. i will also up my calories to about 3500 with a little more protein and complex carbs.

Any adjustemnts or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I would not do bodypart splits if i wanted to put on as much weight as possible. I would work on the core lifts and do an upper/lower type split, especially at 150.

power675

Awards
At your low body weight, you should not be doing bodypart splits, at least not ones where you split things up as much as you have there. Do an upper / lower split or a push-pull-legs split. Either way, work mainly on the core lifts (deads, squats, benches, rows). Get much stronger on those before you worry about body part splits.

bmxbones

Awards
Thank you again for the tips and have switched to a routine that will look something like:

sunday- legs and abs and calves
monday- chest+shoulders
tuesday-back+bi+tri+abs
wednesday- rest
thursday-legs and abs+calves
friday-chest and shoulders
Saturday- rest

going to try like a rotational type thing with emphasis on the basic compound lifts

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Thank you again for the tips and have switched to a routine that will look something like:

sunday- legs and abs and calves
monday- chest+shoulders+tri
tuesday-back+bi+abs
wednesday- rest
thursday-legs and abs+calves
friday-chest+shoulders+tri
Saturday- rest

going to try like a rotational type thing with emphasis on the basic compound lifts
fixed :) that's pretty close to my routine. also, don't train your rear delts on monday, but rather on tuesday at the end of your back workout (they're used for pullups, and you don't want them tired). on friday, since no back day follows, feel free to add them in.

bmxbones

Awards
will def make tht adjustment to the routine...going to finalize it tomorrow as i start my cycle next sunday. Thanks for the help!