Arnolds media workout

RobbyG66

Awards
I'm trying Arnold's old program that the supposedly gave the media that is almost outlandish. I'm going to run this program for 6 weeks and see if I can last through it.

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying Arnold's old program that the supposedly gave the media that is almost outlandish. I'm going to run this program for 6 weeks and see if I can last through it.
IS this the one in his book? Summarize the program.

Thanks

RobbyG66

Awards
Program to a t

This is the exact workout i do

Mon, Wed, Fri
Chest:
Bench press - 5 sets, 6 reps
Flat bench flies - 5 sets, 6 reps
Incline bench press - 6 sets, 6 reps
Cable crossovers - 6 sets, 10 reps
Dips - 5 sets, to failure
Dumbbell pullovers - 5 sets, 10 reps

Back:
Front wide-grip chin-ups - 6 sets, to failure
T-bar rows - 5 sets, 6 reps
Seated pulley rows - 6 sets, 6 reps
One-arm dumbbell rows - 5 sets, 6 reps
Straight-leg deadlifts - 6 sets, 15 reps

Legs:
Squats - 6 sets, 8-12 reps
Leg presses - 6 sets, 8-12 reps
Leg extensions - 6 sets, 12-15 reps
Leg curls - 6 sets, 10-12 reps
Barbell lunges - 5 sets, 15 reps

Calves:
Standing calf raises -10 sets, 10 reps
Seated calf raises - 8 sets, 15 reps
One-legged calf raises (holding dumbbells) - 6 sets,12 reps

Forearms:
Wrist curls (forearms on knees) - 4 sets, 10 reps
Reverse barbell curls - 4 sets, 8 reps
Wright roller machine - to failure

Abs:
Nonstop instinct training for 30 minutes
Tues, Thurs, Sat
Biceps:
Barbell curls - 6 sets, 6 reps
Seated dumbbell curls - 6 sets, 6 reps
Dumbbell concentration curls - 6 sets, 6 reps

Triceps:
Close-grip bench presses (for the all three heads) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
Pushdowns (exterior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
Barbell French presses (interior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
One-arm dumbbell triceps extensions (exterior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps

Shoulders:
Seated barbell presses - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
Lateral raises (standing) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
Rear-delt lateral raises - 5 sets, 6-10 reps
Cable lateral raises - 5 sets, 10-12 reps

Calves and Forearms:
Same as Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Abs:
Same as Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
wow. im pretty sure if i even did one excercise per bodypart of that routine id overtrain so quick. yea. im 100% sure. not only that id be in the gym for a solid 3 hours.

bb4life

bb4life

Awards
  • Established
there is no way in hell my body could do that routine

RobbyG66

Awards
still holding up

Yea its definitely a long time in the gym. My body is holding up pretty well and i'm on week 2. the only problem i've run into is my joints don't like me very much. My gains have been through the roof.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
32 sets for chest a day, 3 days a week. thats 96 sets. Over 750 reps a week for just chest... i *may* hit 30 reps all week for chest and 2 working sets and im growing nicely... i dont think u could really make any progression in that routine and you'd have to go so light to finish.

is this really what arnold did? i understand he was juiced to the max, but this is terrible. i dont think i could even eat to compensate for how much energy it would take to complete much less make any gains.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
you said you're gaining? are you on gear?

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
wow. im pretty sure if i even did one excercise per bodypart of that routine id overtrain so quick. yea. im 100% sure. not only that id be in the gym for a solid 3 hours.
hats insane youll defitenetly overtrain your body. And I dont even get the way he explains it? If he does all of those exercises 3 days a week thats torture to your muslces. Hence overtrained muslces. Not good, I have heard from my freind that are big lean iron heads that you should only work out your chest once a week. Maybe two. Now if your on cycle you have the ability to recover fast so you could hit the chest hard in the gym.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
its not even about hitting the chest three times a week, u can do it if ur volume is low as hell and if ur not going balls to the wall intensity. there are a lot of full body routines that hit the chest three days a week... albeit with one excercise and like one or two sets tops.

RobbyG66

Awards
ph cycle otherwise i don't think my body would be able to handle the workout. I pretty much don't stop eating in a day

RobbyG66

Awards
heres the program with my weights in it

Mon, Wed, Fri
Chest:
Bench press - 5 sets, 6 reps 265
Flat bench flies - 5 sets, 6 reps 90
Incline bench press - 6 sets, 6 reps 215
Cable crossovers - 6 sets, 10 reps 80
Dips - 5 sets, to failure body weight

Back:
Front wide-grip chin-ups - 6 sets, to failure body weight
T-bar rows - 5 sets, 6 reps 2 180
Seated pulley rows - 6 sets, 6 reps 150
One-arm dumbbell rows - 5 sets, 6 reps 100
Straight-leg deadlifts - 6 sets, 15 reps ir

Legs:
Squats - 6 sets, 8-12 reps ir
Leg presses - 6 sets, 8-12 reps ir
Leg extensions - 6 sets, 12-15 reps ir
Leg curls - 6 sets, 10-12 reps ir
Barbell lunges - 5 sets, 15 reps ir

Calves:
Standing calf raises -10 sets, 10 reps 315
Seated calf raises - 8 sets, 15 reps 250
One-legged calf raises (holding dumbbells) - 6 sets,12 reps 105 biggest dumbbell we have

Forearms:
Wrist curls (forearms on knees) - 4 sets, 10 reps
Reverse barbell curls - 4 sets, 8 reps
Wright roller machine - to failure

Abs:
Nonstop instinct training for 30 minutes
Tues, Thurs, Sat
Biceps:
Barbell curls - 6 sets, 6 reps 115
Seated dumbbell curls - 6 sets, 6 reps 40
Dumbbell concentration curls - 6 sets, 6 reps 35

Triceps:
Close-grip bench presses (for the all three heads) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps 215
Pushdowns (exterior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps 90
over head dumbell tris - 6 sets, 6-10 reps 105
One-arm dumbbell triceps extensions (exterior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps 60

Shoulders:
Seated barbell presses - 6 sets, 6-10 reps 135
Lateral raises (standing) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps 25
Rear-delt lateral raises - 5 sets, 6-10 reps 25
Cable lateral raises - 5 sets, 10-12 reps 25

Calves and Forearms:

Abs:

UKStrength

That program looks like hard work! :) Not a chance though without gear...glad you're making progress on it mate.

at1010

Awards
  • Established
ya deff need to be on the juice heavy to run that workout

RobbyG66

Awards
x tren 120 mg

The start of week 3 was awesome

Bench moved up to 285 that was a pretty sick jump
incline went up to 255
flys are at 105 my gym doesn't have any bigger dumbells

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Well also considering the average gym rat probably spends about 1 hr to 1.5 hrs in the gym working out. Ive heard Arnold spent like 3 hours in the gym.

RobbyG66

Awards
yea if you do everything it is a long workout my breaks are no more then 30 sec and it takes me atleast 2 to do the entire workout

Wetdawg

Wetdawg

Awards
Well also considering the average gym rat probably spends about 1 hr to 1.5 hrs in the gym working out. Ive heard Arnold spent like 3 hours in the gym.
True, he did spend hours in the gym. He was a Professional Body Builder with cash coming in from being such. If your an average Joe with a job and a life, you can't do it.

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Half of this would make me collapse. Wtf. You would need to blow down or something just to handle the intensity.

RobbyG66

Awards
work 6 days a week and still find time i'm making great gains and still finding time to have a life.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
True, he did spend hours in the gym. He was a Professional Body Builder with cash coming in from being such. If your an average Joe with a job and a life, you can't do it.
true, and when you are on Dbol for like 6 months straight, cortisol levels and over training doesn't matter that much,....lol.

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
I have been doing this routine for 2 weeks now but I never have the time to finish doing all the sets as my GF is not going to stay at the gym for more then 1 hour and 10mins. So I have been lifting the routine but not 100% like Arnold's. 1st week was not as bad b/c I was already doing a mixed 4 day a week workout and the 2nd week has gotten easier. Keep it up Robby!

RobbyG66

Awards
week 4 kicked off great making great gains up another 20 on bench 5x6 at 305

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Damn son! Do you really weigh 270lbs? The biggest I ever bulked up was to 242 but then I cut to 220 and now down to 200-205lbs.. I cant wait till winter as I will start another bulk which is fun b/c I eat.... a lot!

RobbyG66

Awards
yep i sit right around 270 i just weighed myself and i was siting at 268

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Ive tried it, made gains at first, then got way to sore to even think about lifting...deff have to juice, even then its questionable, he also would have a.m. and p.m. workouts

RobbyG66

Awards
Body is still holding up well i'm seeing some slighty joint pain but the gains are still steady and pretty large jumps

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Body is still holding up well i'm seeing some slighty joint pain but the gains are still steady and pretty large jumps
I was very very sore...how is your recovery? I felt it impeded on my gains
:duel:

RobbyG66

Awards
i dont really get to sore at all i think the xtend helps but yea I gain about 20 lbs on my big lifts a week.

RobbyG66

Awards
im running a ph cycle i wouldn't do this workout all natty your body wouldn't be able to handle it.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
in all his video footage, arnold seemed to do at least 10-12reps... to up 20, to failure and fairly heavy though

interesting post

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
the true Arnold will always be a mystery lol

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I've never believed much of anything that Arnold said in his books and such. Unless I was THERE looking at it, i'd doubt 35% of what he said concerning his hay day. With that being said, I've done a shortened version of this, packed into 4 days, and was using M1t at the time (back in 03) and made tremendous gains...however, i definitely had to cramp life into a small window which didn't bode well for my social life at all...so, imo, it wasn't worth it.

I've gotten close to my gains from that run with other routines that didn't take nearly as much time away from my personal life, albeit, if your still gaining then good deal.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
yes, I could see how it would take up alot of time, right now Im doing Hola Bola's routine, I like it alot, but not sure if I should stick to it or switch it up when I go on cycle soon :think:

RobbyG66

Awards
week 6 is in the books im starting to get some serious joint pain. So i'm probly going to be cutting back the routine a bit

RobbyG66

Awards
Done with week 7 feel great the joint pain went away still lifting it and making gains next week will be my last week of this program i will put up all my gains and some pics

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
amie1 Supplements 38
xR1pp3Rx LG Sciences 6
General Chat 6
beebab General Chat 3
bkoguy07 Training Forum 28