Whats an average size increase over a year in inches?

flashfitness

Awards
I've been lifting for approximately 10 years but this year I really concentrated on diet and better supplements. I'm still natural though no super supps. I put on approximately 15-20 pounds of lean muscle mass and at least an inch on every body part except for my stomach it stayed the same. So whats a good average for adding inches in a year?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
depends on the bodypart. i could add an inch on my theighs easily and with only squats. my arms refuse to grow. my lats grow fast too, but not my chest... i think it depends what bodypart we are talking about

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
depends on the bodypart. i could add an inch on my theighs easily and with only squats. my arms refuse to grow. my lats grow fast too, but not my chest... i think it depends what bodypart we are talking about
Also depends on the person. My legs grow REAL fast, just like tnubs. However, unlike tnubs my chest grows SO fast but my lats are stubborn. My arms also are slow growers - bis worse than tris. Also, if you focus on bulk only your gains will be different than if you alternate bulk with cut. Don't worry about benchmarks as much. Look in the mirror. All of us look in the mirror and see imperfection, regardless of our figure, and we focus on correcting those imperfections. To be the best you have to get up every day, look in the mirror, and convince yourself, you are not good enough, you are pathetic, you are weak. That's what gets me to that next level.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah it depends on the person and personally i think it depends on the equipment at the gyms, somethings my newer gym has my old one did and vice versa, my arms grew quickly and now have seemed to slow down, my chest started off slow and now it looks much improved over the last couple months

JDK5386

Yup.

I can grow my legs, shoulders, biceps, and upper chest with relative ease. My lower chest, triceps, upper back, and calves take a lot more training to see the same results.

With 15-20 pounds of lean mass in a year, the OP is clearly doing something right.

rantorcha

rantorcha

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, though..who cares how many inches! As long as it LOOKS bigger! lol (I menat your muscles, btw)