No Gym

Bolo334

Awards
I've been doing lots of business traveling for the last couple months. This means tons of hotels (usually no gym) and bad eating. I've gone from 185 pounds to 220. :(

I'm switching up my eating habits and starting to exercise again. What I want to know is if anyone can recommend a workout which I can do at in a hotel room. I have no equipment except my body weight.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

musclejunkie

Awards
elevated pushups are a killer. if possible get a ironman pull up bar and take that with you. it was my impression that most hotels had a small gym usually near the pool. crunches planks with a twist v-ups tricep dips lunges side lunges and body squats... thats about all the body weight excercises i can think of right now.

before you travel look at how your diet will be when you get there and plan accordingly. look at local resteraunts and plan out your meals. worst case scenario pre pack your meals for a few days. if your job is going to require you to travel a few months out of the year its going to be a huge chunk of time that leads to easy cop outs and there will be a lot of temptation to break your diet. so you just have to put in 110% into your diet and training. if gaining weight is a issue than wake up 2 hrs early and go run for a hour and then get ready for meetings. if there is a will there is a way just stick with it.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Second that!, get an iron gym, a jump rope and some resistance bands, maybe a set of perfect pushups or bars, make yourself a little gym-in-a-bag to take with you.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I use the perfect Pull up, You can use it for Dips, Elevated & incline pushups, Pullups, chinups, leg lifts... all sorts of ways to kill the body.

Resistance Bands are key in this case i guess, even if the gym has only a treadmill or pool you can get some cardio in.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Google Isometric exercise read up on it and find some routines, there's tons of websites out there with routines, diagrams and all....

Iron Gym does kick ass as well, I own one myself.

Best,
WB

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
like everyone said before me, so the jail routine, push ups, sit ups, leg raises etc, i've heard when hershel walker was younger he'd watch tv, and everytime commcericals came on he'd do sit ups or push ups until the show came back on, and he won the heisman so i'm guessing that it has to work

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
like everyone said before me, so the jail routine, push ups, sit ups, leg raises etc, i've heard when hershel walker was younger he'd watch tv, and everytime commcericals came on he'd do sit ups or push ups until the show came back on, and he won the heisman so i'm guessing that it has to work
Not so sure how true it is....or at least to what degree. But I heard relatively the same thing. That he "never" lifted weights. Just did all types of other exercises. I find that hard to belive though b/c he was HUGE and in amazing shape. I think I remember hearing the once he turned pro though he did add in resistance training. Either way you can google the "Herschel Walker workout" and a few pages popup with some interesting reads. I'd give it a read if I were you OP. If you can get in shape like that w/o weights then why not lol?

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I used to travel a lot in college during the summers...I did just this.

Tons of bodyweight training. Bruoght push-up bars, pull up bar, and my roller blades. Did a deck of cards every night.

Flip a card - do that many pull ups, push ups, and sit-ups. Continue until deck is gone.

J=11
Q=12
k-13
Ace=15
Joker=rest for 60 seconds

I loved to roller blade at night (hated running) used to go 10 to 15 miles at night...no better way to explore the neighborhood you are in...and possible find a local gym!

Traveling was always the best time for me to eat right...brought a cooler and packed it only with healthy stuff. Without the temptation of the bad things in the fridge/pantry, and only the good stuff to eat in my room, it was easy to stay on diet.

Thr first summer I did this I lost 20 pounds of fat, and really transformed my look.

Future

Get anything that you can take with you. Push up pads, bands, etc. Even just walking steps, doing push ups and bench dips along with ab work is something.