brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
I have been looking into this workout

25 pull-ups
50 deadlifts at 135 pounds
50 push-ups
50 box jumps with a 24-inch box
50 "floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 135 pounds)
50 "clean and press" at 36 pounds (a weight-lifting exercise)
25 more pull-ups -- for a total of 300 reps

But surly this is completly over training it goes agaist everything I know,
Has anyone on here ever done it or know of people who do it.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Never done it, but thought about it. I read somewhere if you aren't in the best shape, don't try it. If you are, hell go for it, but I wouldn't shoot straight for the 300 mark. I might do 100, then work up.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
It's not necessarily overtraining as long as you don't do it everyday. As long as you get enough rest and nutrition and tear it up.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
i was thinking about giving it ago but maybe 2 or 3 times a weekm

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
this is a MWF workout. similar to 5x5, you're doing one compound movement per body part, with upper and lower back split into two different exercises. unless you're doing it MWF you will have recovery issues. additionally, you have to work yourself up to 3x per week, so if you're doing this, then start with mondays and thursdays for two weeks before the more ambitious MWF split.

i subbed the box jumps for squats just for gits and shiggles. its quite fun. my workout partner tossed his cookies more than once. my record for this workout is 24 minutes. the speed of the workout is very important, as limited breaks help boost GH levels, and this workout is geared towards boosting functional strength and burning fat.

davez325

davez325

Awards
I am going to incorporate it into my routine and do it maybe once a week or every 2 weeks. Its a great workout that covers a lot of muscles in minimal time.

Arbor

Awards
If I understand it correctly, that wasn't intended as a workout, but as a test at the end of a 4-month long training program? It is described in detail at the Gym Jones site under "Knowledge", then "300."

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I understand it correctly, that wasn't intended as a workout, but as a test at the end of a 4-month long training program? It is described in detail at the Gym Jones site under "Knowledge", then "300."
It was a test throughout the whole 4 months, they timed how long it took each person to complete it day 1, and then whenever they felt like it they did this workout again to see how long it took that time.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
its intended to be a workout for MWF use. the test is whenever you want (monthly, quarterly, etc) and its to beat your old time for getting this done.

this is NOT a mass gaining routine. this is purely for gaining functional strength, minimal muscle mass gain, and maximal fat loss.

Arbor

Awards
It was a test throughout the whole 4 months, they timed how long it took each person to complete it day 1, and then whenever they felt like it they did this workout again to see how long it took that time.
I must have misinterpreted it......

"The second misconception surrounds the idea of the Spartan workout, aka “300”, how frequently it was done or who actually finished it. “300” is a one-time test, an invitation-only challenge undertaken by those deemed ready for it. By the end of our four-month project 17 people had done the workout (Logan and I were two of them). This constitutes about 50% of the cast and stunt crew. We supervised every test, evaluated each rep for quality and only counted those that achieved our standards for form and range of motion. Like many workouts “300” is not hard once you've done it but the apprehension built up ahead of it – something we encouraged – was enough to make some guys fear it to the degree that performance was compromised. This workout was a crucible that some passed through and others still have hanging over them."

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

Awards
What happens when you can't do 25 or 50 reps in a row do you just reps after however many reps you did until you reach your goal?

Also, is there any variation needed for this workout or do you just perform this whenever you want the GF boost?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
What happens when you can't do 25 or 50 reps in a row do you just reps after however many reps you did until you reach your goal?

Also, is there any variation needed for this workout or do you just perform this whenever you want the GF boost?
i broke everything down to 5 sets of 10 as supersets (6 exercises), which is easier (barely), and a stupendous GH booster. whenever you want (every month or two), retest yourself doing the original layout. i think i pulled it off in 24 minutes with my deads and bench at 185. i wanted to die.

edit : obviously i subbed pushups for bench, as 100 pushups are pretty easy for me. 185 bench x50 however was much harder.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
cheers guys i didt realise it was more for a test, i did the first part pull-ups deadlifts i was doing really good for time just over a minute then it come the lactic built up and had to come out i was sick. my gf thought it was funny

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pigskinplayer 35 and Older 9
Training Forum 5
the GUNSHOW Training Forum 32
getbigbyjune Training Forum 64
Gtstang86 Weight Loss 14