100lb plates (size/shape question)

  1. 100lb plates (size/shape question)


    I have a machine at home that is reaching its limitation with 16 (45lb) plates, and was wondering about 100lb plates. I've never seen one of these in person. Are they the same size in height as 45's, and just twice as thick? Or are they actually taller than 45's? If they are taller, that will help me resolve my issue.

    Thanks!


  2. Twice as thick, but same diameter. I like the ones that have the big holes in them since you can hold them easier loading and unloading them. My gym has ones with the big holes in them as well as a pair of solid ones with a fat lip (these are just a bit tougher to handle getting them up onto the leg press).

  3. Damn, that's exactly what I was hoping you wouldn't say. I guess they won't help me in my situation.

    Looks like it's time to break out the welder
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Twice as thick, but same diameter. I like the ones that have the big holes in them since you can hold them easier loading and unloading them. My gym has ones with the big holes in them as well as a pair of solid ones with a fat lip (these are just a bit tougher to handle getting them up onto the leg press).
    Yea def. easier with the holes. 100lb plates are a pain in the ass to move around. Its a workout putting plates on and off.

  5. 16 45lb plates is 720 pounds? What kind of machine are you using?

  6. weider home gym

  7. Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyIOSOS View Post
    16 45lb plates is 720 pounds? What kind of machine are you using?
    Powertec Leg Sled


  8. Quote Originally Posted by tribaltek View Post
    Powertec Leg Sled

    How about taking off the "tube" where the plates go on, and replace for longer ones, or have an "extender" fabbed up, that slips into the existing ones, and gives you an extra 2-3 plates, on each side.

  9. I saw this posted on IM a while back.. They fabbed them up.
    http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...merbenches.flv

  10. imprezivr6 - The extenders are exactly what I was thinking of doing! I assume these aren't readily available for purchase anywhere, right? I'll have to brush up my metalwork skills...

  11. Quote Originally Posted by tribaltek View Post
    imprezivr6 - The extenders are exactly what I was thinking of doing! I assume these aren't readily available for purchase anywhere, right? I'll have to brush up my metalwork skills...
    Honestly, if you bring your "tube" down to any fab shop, and tell them what your trying to do, i am sure they can accommodate you.. It shouldn't cost much either as it should be relatively easy to do.

  12. Good call, man. And thanks for the info via PM as well.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by tribaltek View Post
    Good call, man. And thanks for the info via PM as well.
    No problem!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by tribaltek View Post
    imprezivr6 - The extenders are exactly what I was thinking of doing! I assume these aren't readily available for purchase anywhere, right? I'll have to brush up my metalwork skills...
    Where you live?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 12:48 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 06:54 PM
  3. New Routine for Size/shape
    By waverebelfore in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
  4. size on question
    By chris42084 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 08:34 AM
Log in
Log in