1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

tanning after training

i was totally against guys tanning, i'm not really into it and think it's kinda feminine but either way my girl talked me into it and since i paid for it i've been going and have actually been getting more looks

either way my question is i usually go after the gym, and the beds at the place i go to are lay down beds which i end up sweating a lot, would tanning after lifting help burn some extra calories or is it more like a sauna that your just sweating out water, i figured if my heartrate was still elevated from lifting and i was still burning extra calories that this would help alittle with the process

2. UKStrength

I think you've hit it on the head mate. The most you'd lose is a little subcutaneous water from the heat of the tanning bed through sweating.

Also I'd shower, scrub and moisturise your skin after tanning, it'll help preserve the tan for longer
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.52%

i was told to wait an hour after u tan before showering, if u know anything different let me know
    •   

4. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i was told to wait an hour after u tan before showering, if u know anything different let me know
    What was the reason behind that? To help preserve the tan?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.66%

i've heard you should try and wait at least 4 hours after tanning to shower. this is supposedly to help preserve the tan, you won't be taking off as many of the skin cells this way.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.52%

yeah to preserve the tan, i was always skeptical because ur changing the pigments in your skin so i didnt' think it would matter but i followed that rule anyway, but it's not like i'm getting a spray on tan or nething where chemicals would be washed off
  7. keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i was totally against guys tanning, i'm not really into it and think it's kinda feminine but either way my girl talked me into it and since i paid for it i've been going and have actually been getting more looks

either way my question is i usually go after the gym, and the beds at the place i go to are lay down beds which i end up sweating a lot, would tanning after lifting help burn some extra calories or is it more like a sauna that your just sweating out water, i figured if my heartrate was still elevated from lifting and i was still burning extra calories that this would help alittle with the process
    Getting more looks? From a female perspective, I'd say YES. In my opinion, tanned skin shows definition more. Y'all get over the "gay" idea, b/c in most cases, who know whether you tanned in a bed or on the lake fishing? It just looks good, period.

As far as the calorie burn, I think that's likely. And you'll replace the sweat once you drink a glass of water, but that's a good thing. Hydration is more important than the pound of water you may sweat off.

Regarding showering, it's actually best to do so before tanning to help exfoliate dead skin cells. Wait a few hours after, especially if you use a tan accelerator, which I do recommend. A good one will push your tan deeper, and keep your skin moisturized.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.52%

yeah more looks from the ladies, and i do think it does show more definition, but i'm still not down with all those weird things like tanning, getting my eyebrows waxed, peticures, manicures, guys shouldn't be doing stuff like that, thats a woman's thing and should stay that way
  9. keeper

^ I agree on the pedicure/manicure thing. But if a guy has bushy brows or a uni, he needs help. Some brave souls will puck, but not many.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.52%

i'll pluck or run a razor down the middle, but waxing crosses the line

Similar Forum Threads

1. Who uses a tanning bed?
    By votum in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27