Need help nailing down a routine!!

MoparRob

Awards
Alright guys I've been seriously lifting for only a few months, so far atleast to me I've had great results. From reading on here I've been slowly adding things to my workout. Currently I'm doing just over 2 hours of a full body workout 4-5 days a week with 30 minutes of hard cardio after every workout. The problem is the 2+ hours is eating up time and I'm still alternating certain workouts plus after reading on here most people do half that time. Now my question is I've got no idea how to figure out a good routine. Do I do A days and B days? Or like some back/shoulder on mon, tris/bis on tues? I have no clue what a real routine looks like. Sorry for the book but just want to be clear. Thanks in advance for all the responses, so far this place has been great for my training.

kdpboa

Awards
What are your lifting goals? That may facilitate better advice...

A basic yet very effective and common for people new-to-training is a 3-day MWF split:
Mon- upper body push (chest, shoulders, tris)
Wed- legs (quads, hams, calves)
Fri- upper body pull (back, bis)

Focus on mainly comounds for a while as this will yield the most results. Squats, bench, deads, pullups, rows, and shoulder presses.

Depending on your goals you can throw as many cardio seesions in there as you'd like.

MoparRob

Awards
Well my goals are to get big and cut haha bet you havent heard that one before. Currently I'm doing cardio just to lose fat, I know my BF% is high and that needs to come down more. Currently I'm reading alot about the AST MAX-OT training method anyone have experience with this?

kdpboa

Awards
If it fits in your schedule, I would def. try a M-W-F split, lifting heavy and sticking to compounds. This will give the necessary hypertrophy for gaining muscle and then use the cardio and your diet for losing weight. As I'm sure you've read, your diet will be what gives you the most gains no matter what your goals are.

Since you are fairly new to training you will more than likely see very good progress for quite a while even if your training/diet isn't spot on, but you may want to think about focusing your goals and try a hardcore cut down to a certain BF% and then try to lean bulk from their. Just something to think about instead of trying both at the same time...

Good luck bro! Hopefully some others will chime in!