Need help woth routine

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Aright guys need some help here. Next week I start my new job working for a real estate company from 8-3 everyday then at night i have work at ups from 5-11.

Heres what i do now...
Mon-chest/tris/abs
tues-back/bis
wed-shoulders/abs
thurs-legs
friday-whatever i feel like doing really/varies

Workouts usually last any where from an hour to hour and a half. I have a full gym at my house with DB's up to 60.

Any ideas on how I could switch this up? I was thinking a MWF split and then I can do whatever on the weekends cuz I dont work then. My days are gonna be super long so I was gonna work out at night after ups. I'm pretty clueless as to how I can set this up to hit every muscle group on a regular basis.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
working at UPS can be a w/o in itself. but anyway. my split would be
monday chest/abs
tuesday bi's/calves/shoulder
weds. off
thursday tris/quads/hams
friday back/abs/traps
saturday and sunday maybe cardio unless your planning on doing cardio after your lifts. take notice that there are no two similar body parts being used on the same dayor back to back e.g. bi's and back or tris and chest. the reason for this is, if you do chest then try and do tris, they will already be pre-xhausted when you worked your chest. same thing when you do back then bi's

TaPo31

Awards
I think if I were in your position, I would do two of my workouts on the weekends. It seems like during the week you will be pretty tired, so maybe try to squeeze in 2-3 of your workouts then, maybe something along the lines of keeping your current split but doing something like:

Sat: Chest/Biceps
Sun: Legs
Tues: Shoulders/Triceps
Thurs: Back

Then maybe do some cardio or light other work on Wed.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I think if I were in your position, I would do two of my workouts on the weekends. It seems like during the week you will be pretty tired, so maybe try to squeeze in 2-3 of your workouts then, maybe something along the lines of keeping your current split but doing something like:

Sat: Chest/Biceps
Sun: Legs
Tues: Shoulders/Triceps
Thurs: Back

Then maybe do some cardio or light other work on Wed.
I agree. I don't think you will be able to do that much during the week. Have you talked to someone at UPS to find out how strenuous the job is? Everyone I know say there is a reason most don't work 8 hrs in the warehouse. Now if you are a supervisor or have a desk job, then that"s a different story.