New Routine, please comment...

  1. New Routine, please comment...


    Gonne be starting a bulking cycle soon of test, deca and anadol and was going to do this routine, what you think ?

    DAY 1 PUSH
    ----------------
    Flat bench press
    Militray press
    Flat dumbell flys
    Seated chest press
    Dips

    DAY 2 PULL
    ----------------
    Standing dumbell curls
    Deadlifts
    Wide grip lat pulldowns
    Hummer pulldowns
    Close grip seated rows
    Pull ups

    DAY 3 LEGS
    ----------------
    Calf raises
    Squats
    Leg extentions
    Leg curls

    DAY 4 Rest then repeat above....
    OH and every second day i will do abs too...


  2. Good routine

  3. real nice man, i really enjoyed the last time i did a push/pull/legs routine. i believe that particular one originated with the infamous m&m?

    what sort of rep template are you going to use? a 5x5 would fit that quite nicely i reckon!
    •   
       


  4. I just went through HEAPS of routins on a number of sites and made a list of the most common ones that were listed on each. I plan do do 4 sets, 1st set been a warmup at half weight, then 2nd set 12 reps, 3rd set 10 reps and 4th set till failure...

  5. You need more hamstring work. Just doing leg curls is not good enough. Add in either walking lunges, reverse lunges, SLDL, or good mornings.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  6. So you will essentially be training 5-6 days a week? (3 on/ 1 off/ 3 on)
    If that's the case, I think it's probably a bit too much. If this were a three day routine I think it would be OK, but not doing each day twice a week. I would do this basic split, only with a 3 day/week split (i.e. M,W,F). I would focus on pushing the main lift each day (BP, DL, SQ) for strength in the 3-5 rep range, then doing the rest of the exercises as accessory work in the 8-20 rep range. I would also add some heavier hamstring work and include some specific low back work (weighted back raises) so that your low back strength doesn't end up holding back your SQ and DL poundages.

  7. Becuase i will be on cycle i tend to recover extremely quick and i will be running test and deca. I wana push myself as much as i can. Can someone tell me what a good morning is ? also i forgot to ad some exercises to the legs such as leg press ect.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by mattakaspeedy View Post
    Becuase i will be on cycle i tend to recover extremely quick and i will be running test and deca. I wana push myself as much as i can. Can someone tell me what a good morning is ? also i forgot to ad some exercises to the legs such as leg press ect.
    I've known plenty of people on cycle who wouldn't do well training that frequently. Alot will depend on how what kind poundages you are dealing with.
    Ultimately you will know best what you can recover from. Just remember that just because you can do it doesn't mean it's the optimal way to train.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by SRS2000 View Post
    So you will essentially be training 5-6 days a week? (3 on/ 1 off/ 3 on)
    If that's the case, I think it's probably a bit too much. If this were a three day routine I think it would be OK, but not doing each day twice a week. I would do this basic split, only with a 3 day/week split (i.e. M,W,F). I would focus on pushing the main lift each day (BP, DL, SQ) for strength in the 3-5 rep range, then doing the rest of the exercises as accessory work in the 8-20 rep range. I would also add some heavier hamstring work and include some specific low back work (weighted back raises) so that your low back strength doesn't end up holding back your SQ and DL poundages.
    This is key. I've implemented this as my main principle for about 9 months now and it really helps to hit all fibers and to reduce chance of injury.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  10. The Good Morning. Place a barbell on your back as if you were about to do a squat. Then, do the movement you would do performing a stiff leg dead lift. Keep your head forward and keep a slight bend in your knees.

  11. i'd move deadlift to leg day.... and not do regular ones but do SLDL...

    i think a much much better leg day looks like this:

    squats
    sldl
    lateral lunges
    quad extensions
    calves


    squats and regular deads in the same routine seems redundant to me... i use one or the other for 6 wks and then switch back to the other. this seems to help me gain much quicker than trying to up them both at the same time... just my opinion.

  12. Ok im getting closer to what i want, Chnaged some things around and put the main lifts at the start on each day. So how does this look ?

    DAY 1 PUSH
    ----------------
    Flat bench press
    Incline bench press
    Flat dumbell flys
    Militray press
    Seated chest press
    Dips
    Rope pulldown

    DAY 2 PULL
    ----------------
    Striaght leg deadlifts
    Wide grip lat pulldowns
    Standing dumbell curls
    Hummer pulldowns
    T-bar seated rows
    Pull ups

    DAY 3 LEGS
    ----------------
    Squats
    Leg press
    Leg extentions
    Leg curls
    Calf raises

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mattakaspeedy View Post
    Ok im getting closer to what i want, Chnaged some things around and put the main lifts at the start on each day. So how does this look ?

    DAY 1 PUSH
    ----------------
    Flat bench press
    Incline bench press
    Flat dumbell flys
    Militray press
    Seated chest press
    Dips
    Rope pulldown

    DAY 2 PULL
    ----------------
    Striaght leg deadlifts
    Wide grip lat pulldowns
    Standing dumbell curls
    Hummer pulldowns
    T-bar seated rows
    Pull ups

    DAY 3 LEGS
    ----------------
    Squats
    Leg press
    Leg extentions
    Leg curls
    Calf raises
    Here is what I would do:

    DAY 1 PUSH
    ----------------
    Flat bench press
    Incline bench press
    Lateral Raises
    Dips

    DAY 2 PULL
    ----------------
    Weighted pullups
    T-bar rows or deadlifts (rotate every week)
    Standing dumbell curls
    hammer curls

    DAY 3 LEGS
    ----------------
    Squats
    Leg Press
    Leg curls
    Calf raises

    This routine would hit everything while providing for better recovery and less overlap. All in all, more efficient but possibly not as "fun" as the original setup.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Lab values please comment
    By cumkwakka in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 11:47 AM
  2. please comment and critique my chest routine
    By keater824 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 09:03 AM
  3. Comment this
    By Hearthquake in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 11:14 PM
  4. Check my new routine and comment please
    By goldylight in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 03:32 AM
  5. Can someone comment on this?
    By Sir Foxx in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Log in
Log in