How often to train calves?
- 06-05-2009, 05:07 PM
- 06-05-2009, 05:13 PM
06-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Try this when you do them. You will probably hurt for a couple days. No matter which exercise you do, do the reps slow. At the top, hold for a 2 count, lower slowly. Then hold the stretch for 15 seconds. yes. You should feel the stretch, then squeeze hard at the top. Pick a weight that you fail at rep 6-7, and push through to 10-12. Do a standing or straight leg calf press, and a sitting one. Do three sets of each. If you work them hard enough and properly, you shouldn't be able to do them twice a week, because you won't want to hurt for 7 days.
06-05-2009, 07:43 PM
06-06-2009, 08:18 AM
let us know how it goes.
06-06-2009, 01:02 PM
06-06-2009, 01:38 PM
06-07-2009, 01:28 PM
06-08-2009, 03:36 AM
06-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Did you fell like you were working the muscle differently than you have in the past? Yes, popular theory is you can train them a bit more, like abs. But I feel like if you train them hard enough and properly, you won't want to do them more than once, maybe twice a week. Let us know how they feel after a day, if they still hurt, then you did good.
Similar Forum Threads
- By majinbijiita in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 11Last Post: 05-15-2009, 07:11 AM
- By underdog13 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 17Last Post: 04-27-2009, 02:25 AM
- By jsheely in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 03-15-2009, 10:08 PM
- By mac_dad6 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-01-2004, 08:13 PM
- By mac_dad6 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 11Last Post: 05-17-2004, 07:32 PM