How often to train calves?
- 06-05-2009, 04:07 PM
- 06-05-2009, 04:13 PM
- 06-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Try this when you do them. You will probably hurt for a couple days. No matter which exercise you do, do the reps slow. At the top, hold for a 2 count, lower slowly. Then hold the stretch for 15 seconds. yes. You should feel the stretch, then squeeze hard at the top. Pick a weight that you fail at rep 6-7, and push through to 10-12. Do a standing or straight leg calf press, and a sitting one. Do three sets of each. If you work them hard enough and properly, you shouldn't be able to do them twice a week, because you won't want to hurt for 7 days.
06-05-2009, 06:43 PM
06-06-2009, 07:18 AM
let us know how it goes.
06-06-2009, 12:02 PM
06-06-2009, 12:38 PM
06-07-2009, 12:28 PM
06-08-2009, 02:36 AM
06-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Did you fell like you were working the muscle differently than you have in the past? Yes, popular theory is you can train them a bit more, like abs. But I feel like if you train them hard enough and properly, you won't want to do them more than once, maybe twice a week. Let us know how they feel after a day, if they still hurt, then you did good.
Similar Forum Threads
- By ABNRanger in forum Training ForumReplies: 18Last Post: 02-08-2012, 09:47 PM
- By Eric160 in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 04-12-2010, 04:04 PM
- By Fergs103 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 6Last Post: 12-11-2007, 10:35 AM
- By Eskate85 in forum Training ForumReplies: 15Last Post: 09-30-2007, 09:58 AM
- By rysigpi in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 4Last Post: 12-09-2005, 12:07 PM