Small question bout DC training

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
ok i read dog's theory behind DC and atleast to me it makes sense. But i'm not trying to start debating theory.
I was slightly confused with the way its done. I know theres warm up sets that are not taxing, then you go into a 8 rep set(atleast thats what is said). Is that set supposed to be to failure also? or just to the 8 reps, and then start the rest pausing? but that doesn't make sense, why rest pause if i could possibly do another 2 or 3 reps?

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
3 warm up (semi taxing), on 4th set pick a weight you can just BARELY get 8-10 out of. take 10 deep breathes or wait 20 sec. then lift the weight again and go to failure. then wait 20 more sec and go to failure AGAIN with the same weight. so you end up doing three sets in one. every exercise you chose for a particular body part is suppose to be taxing. so pick the hardest ones. thats how it works. its more about heavy weight with proper time to recover.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Everyone does DC a little different after doing it a while, and modify it a little as they go.

I do 5 sets of 5 reps (100% commitment) which are all warmups and my 6th set is the workset. The general idea when starting is to pick a weight you will fail @ around 8 reps, and hit it 20 times. (rest pausing will allow you to do this). The reason I say "starting" is, is b/c if you are logging your sets and reps, every other training day you goal is to try to beat your old record. If you hit the weight 20 times, add weight. If you failed miserably, only got it say, 15 reps with a given weight,... keep the weight the same and beat the previous rep #.

Also, I never go over 10 secs for my rest pauses, which usually measures out to 3-6 deep breaths, but,.... everyone is different.

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
This might help you out (in general) -
yeah thats what i read to learn bout DC training.

so in general, the first working set is going to be a weight that you feel you shouldnt complete more than 8 reps with, so if you under estimate that, go untill failure?

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
yeah thats what i read to learn bout DC training.

so in general, the first working set is going to be a weight that you feel you shouldnt complete more than 8 reps with, so if you under estimate that, go untill failure?
no, its a weight you CANT do more than 8 times, and your goal is to hit it 20 times. The first few weeks of DC are gonna be hectic b/c its all guesswork, as you have to adjust the weight accordingly then spend the following weeks trying to beat those goals.