bench
clean
overhead press
decline
incline
pull ups
sit ups
various dumbell stuff

anything else to add to the routine for my core?

I ask mainly because most of my body is fairly lean, i think im still kinda high BF% but I think I should see more definition in my stomach and im a little afraid of losing all the fat and having nothing there in my stomach. Dont want to neglect this area, if i am.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
diet + volume of exercise which stimulates said areas.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
diet + volume of exercise which stimulates said areas.
Lol not sure what this means. . . Planks are one of the best core exercises you can do. You can do them to the front and then do side planks. Without planks I would still be in horrible pain with my herniated discs. Exercises were you can do a static hold an concentrate on the core are also really good such as a hanging Leg Raise with a 10sec static hold at the top.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Lol not sure what this means. . . Planks are one of the best core exercises you can do. You can do them to the front and then do side planks. Without planks I would still be in horrible pain with my herniated discs. Exercises were you can do a static hold an concentrate on the core are also really good such as a hanging Leg Raise with a 10sec static hold at the top.
It means to eat the right amount of kcals divided properly for said objective, and always include high volume workouts for muscular hypertrophy.

dusk

dusk

Awards
right now i work my core 2x week at the end of a normal workout. I usually do either weighted hanging leg raises or weighted lying leg raises. After that I almost run a circuit i came up with for 4 sets. a1+a2 are super-setted, brief rest then b1+b2 are super-setted, brief rest and that is 1 set.

a1-25 reps w/ ab wheel
a2-25 reps weighted decline sit ups
b1-45 sec side planks on each side
b2-25 reps weighted reverse decline crunch

who knows what others will think about it but that is working good for me with current diet+goals.

If you are worried about your core and want to work it more, there are plenty of exercises for it. Ppl will say many diff things as to how you can work it. I have tried working it every day, 3x a week, 2x a week, etc. In reality, it has alot to do with how you work it. You can prob do core everyday if you do a lower intensity core wo without weight. If you do heavy weights then id recommend training it like it were any other normal muscle group.

Remember too that the core is worked from a lot of exercises you do normally in the gym.

Some good core exercises though:
-Hanging leg raises
-Plank/Side Plank
-Sit-Up/Weighted Sit-up/ Weighted Decline Sit-up/ Weighted Alternating Sit-Up
-Lying Leg Raises
-Oblique Leans (i dont work obliques with alot of weight to avoid bulky love handles)
-Ab Wheels
-Cable Crunch

*Big note*:Make sure when your doing core exercises that your working your core. Its not too hard to cheat while doing some of the movements.

Some Examples:
-not using your legs to propel you forward while doing movements on decline bench
-not keeping yourself tight in a hanging leg raise and start to sway then use the momentum from swinging to do your reps
-holding the weight as close to your knees as you can while doing movements on decline bench (drop the weight if you cant do it, it will be more effective)
etc

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
It means to eat the right amount of kcals divided properly for said objective, and always include high volume workouts for muscular hypertrophy.
what does that have to do with core exercises.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established